Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved 2

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Jul 30, 2008

With several new modes and updated visuals, Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved 2 proves to be a worthy successor to the Xbox Live Arcade smash hit, Geometry Wars.

Weapon Upgrades?

Nogert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Nogert

What happened to your weapon getting upgraded on Evolve game type, I really dislike the one you start with.

Subway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Subway

Doesn't it just shoot faster?

DanCarmichael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By DanCarmichael

It's hard to tell, I personally haven't seen any noticeable difference of the weapon while playing and I managed to rank up a pretty high score on evolved mode. I think it gets slightly better but it's no where near as drastic a change as in GW 1.

I think they have gone with a more standard "all round" weapon rather than 2 altering weapons in the first game.

n1ck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By n1ck

in multiplayer (co op ) i played with my brother and there is colorful/noticeable stars that you can pick up witch so far ive picked up enimies moove slower, you moove faster,you have a shield so you can take a hit and still live, and i think 3 other powerups that change your weapon. thats all ive seen in co op but i have seen none of those powerups  in single player

n1ck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By n1ck

o yah and theres one that gives you a bomb

Davvyk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 19

#6  Edited By Davvyk

yeah you only get powerups in multiplayer now. your weapon doesnt upgrade every x amount of points like before

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.