Typical Strategies Used In Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved?

#1 Posted by BurningStarIV (25 posts) -

I am not all that great at the game myself.. In fact i think my highest score is about 300,000. I guess i was just wondering what kinds of strategies you guys feel lead you to success when playing the game. I typically try to keep moving around the basic parameter around the map, which i feel is helpful, but the again what do i know since i fail to get past 100,000 points most times i play...

#2 Posted by HandsomeDead (11863 posts) -

I normally find myself going in a circle to get everything behind while still moving away. The only time this gets awkward is when those little tiny blue things appear and start to fill up the screen.

#3 Posted by RedSox8933 (2428 posts) -

i'm not very good at the game either, but i just wait in the middle and don't move until it starts getting really intense. i don't have many strategies to the game, which probably is why i dont have a very high score.

#4 Posted by SpaceInsomniac (3325 posts) -

Apparently, you should listen to Radiohead.

#5 Posted by Rowr (5236 posts) -

you totally stole my logo, after i stole it from C&C

#6 Posted by Met2609 (555 posts) -

I suck at it, so I shouldn't be giving tips, but I guess you circle-strafe...a lot.

#7 Posted by Rowr (5236 posts) -

does strafing exist in a 2d game?

#8 Posted by HandsomeDead (11863 posts) -
SpaceInsomniac said:
"Apparently, you should listen to Radiohead.

"
That's a perfect example of the technique I proposed. Seems to work pretty well for me.
#9 Posted by Peter_J (151 posts) -

Yeah, I just always shoot what's in front of me, move in circles etc.

#10 Posted by Moon (251 posts) -

I stand 10 inches away from the screen concentrating.

#11 Posted by IceColdGamer (604 posts) -

Circle strafe the shit out of it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.