Prayers Answered: Ghost Trick on iOS in English

• 99 results
Posted by patrickklepek (4129 posts) -
Based on what everyone tells me, Ghost Trick is one of Capcom's best in the past few years.

I’ve been patiently waiting to play Ghost Trick on my iPad, since I’d heard great things about the iOS version of the game, but Capcom has only released the supernatural adventure in Japan.

Turns out, that’s about to change. Ghost Trick has been discovered on the New Zealand App Store, which means it should begin appearing everywhere else throughout the day.

The first two “episodes” are free, while the rest will cost you.

The game works on both the iPad and iPhone.

I publicly shook my fist about this yesterday, so you’re welcome.

Staff
#1 Posted by patrickklepek (4129 posts) -
Based on what everyone tells me, Ghost Trick is one of Capcom's best in the past few years.

I’ve been patiently waiting to play Ghost Trick on my iPad, since I’d heard great things about the iOS version of the game, but Capcom has only released the supernatural adventure in Japan.

Turns out, that’s about to change. Ghost Trick has been discovered on the New Zealand App Store, which means it should begin appearing everywhere else throughout the day.

The first two “episodes” are free, while the rest will cost you.

The game works on both the iPad and iPhone.

I publicly shook my fist about this yesterday, so you’re welcome.

Staff
#2 Posted by BamSaidTheLady (89 posts) -

Awesome!

#3 Posted by stalefishies (331 posts) -

Great!

#4 Posted by iAmJohn (6117 posts) -

And I repeat from the story a couple days ago: You haven't been able to play it for over a year on the DS for what reason exactly?

#5 Posted by ericmbee (16 posts) -

Neat!

#6 Posted by OllyOxenFree (4970 posts) -

Played it on the DS just fine. Really fucking great game. Definitely up there in my "Best Video Games Ever" list.
I would not mind downloading it on my Android device, though.

#7 Posted by Juda (45 posts) -

@iAmJohn said:

And I repeat from the story a couple days ago: You haven't been able to play it for over a year on the DS for what reason exactly?

Can't play it with one hand. The other was busy fist shaking.

#8 Posted by SpunkyHePanda (1641 posts) -

Great game. Enjoy, Patrick.

#9 Posted by Brake (1097 posts) -

Totally getting this and the Phoenix Wrights (if they're out) when I get my iPad next month.

#10 Posted by rjayb89 (7720 posts) -

GHOST TRICK, FUCK YEAH.

#11 Posted by Imsorrymsjackson (855 posts) -

inb4 compulsory Klepek bashing..

Too late I see.

Enjoy it, it is a really great game.

#12 Posted by bhhawks78 (1203 posts) -

@iAmJohn said:

Why would you play something on a smaller and lower quality screen when you know it's coming in a nicer looking/equally well controlling format? (I prefer touch to stylus but the controls are basically the same)

Also probably have ipad out/around more often than the ds/3ds.

#13 Posted by BeachThunder (11862 posts) -

Ghost Trick is an amazing game; my favourite game from last year :D

#14 Posted by Hailinel (24431 posts) -
@iAmJohn

I have the same question on my mind.
#15 Posted by Thrillhouse87 (231 posts) -

just beat the DS version a few days ago, surprisingly great game.

#16 Edited by iAmJohn (6117 posts) -

@bhhawks78 said:

@iAmJohn said:

Why would you play something on a smaller and lower quality screen when you know it's coming in a nicer looking/equally well controlling format? (I prefer touch to stylus but the controls are basically the same)

Because it's an excellent game that people have been able to play for over a year on the system it was designed for, and also had the misfortune of selling like shit, in part I'm sure because of stupid people who decided to wait for the iPad version? Just saying!

#17 Posted by bhhawks78 (1203 posts) -

@iAmJohn said:

@bhhawks78 said:

@iAmJohn said:

Because it's an excellent game that people have been able to play for over a year on the system it was designed for, and also had the misfortune of selling like shit, in part I'm sure because of stupid people who decided to wait for the iPad version? Just saying!

Why would I care if it's designed for my ds for my toaster or the ipad? I'm going to play the one that looks the best as long as it controls just as well and the price is less/the same. I also almost never play ds/psp/ios/android games so it takes a long time to get to the next one, I already had a 4-5 game backlog when ghost trick came out so it was clearly better to wait since I'm finally free of portable games I'm playing through.

#18 Posted by Vexxan (4620 posts) -

Yes!

#19 Posted by RobertOrri (1121 posts) -

@iAmJohn said:

@bhhawks78 said:

@iAmJohn said:

Yes, let's blame low sales on the iPad, not that the DS has a huge piracy problem or that the game simply did not get a lot of press coverage, or that Capcom didn't exactly ship a lot of copies.

It was never going to sell well, but now it has a chance on iOS.

#20 Posted by Sergio (2080 posts) -

Adds to the "all the truly great iOS games are ports from other systems" list.

#21 Posted by animathias (1185 posts) -

@iAmJohn said:

@bhhawks78 said:

@iAmJohn said:

Because it's an excellent game that people have been able to play for over a year on the system it was designed for, and also had the misfortune of selling like shit, in part I'm sure because of stupid people who decided to wait for the iPad version?

People are stupid for waiting for a great game to be ported to vastly superior devices before spending $30 on a game? Especially when said game has been on said devices in Japan for the last year or so?

I bought and greatly enjoyed Ghost Trick for the DS, and I'll probably end up picking it up for my iPad because it's such a great game. However, I can't fault people at all for wanting to wait for it to come to tablets, because it's probably going to be a much better experience at that resolution and on that size of screen. Hell, it probably looks worlds better on the phone than it could ever look on the DS.

Also, I wouldn't be too worried about the game selling poorly. Once it hits the tablet market, they're going to reap the rewards for making such a good game.

#22 Posted by Abendlaender (2790 posts) -

Well no wonder the game bombed if everyone just waited for a cheaper iOS Version. :(

What a shame, probably one of my favourite games of 2011

#23 Posted by TechnoSyndrome (866 posts) -

This was one of my favorite games last year, glad more people are gonna get to play it. Curious how it'll look in motion, the DS version looked fantastic.

#24 Posted by Korne (625 posts) -

@BeachThunder said:

Ghost Trick is an amazing game; my favourite game from last year :D

It was my GOTY last year as well... fantastic story and pacing!

#25 Posted by Shuborno (938 posts) -

Awesome. Will try this out for sure.

#26 Posted by Mr_Spinnington (123 posts) -
@iAmJohn

i second this question
#27 Posted by Tearhead (2162 posts) -

Android? :(

#28 Posted by JackSukeru (5910 posts) -

I have played Ghost Trick, I would recommend it.

#29 Posted by buhssuht (437 posts) -
#30 Posted by MisterMouse (3550 posts) -

sick nasty.

#31 Edited by ProfessorEss (7324 posts) -

Nice. I've wanted to give this game a try but I just can't be arsed to bother with my DS anymore.

Now I can play it on a bigger screen for a price that I assume will be significantly cheaper.

#32 Posted by icemk (30 posts) -

@Vexxan said:

Yes!

YES! x2

#33 Posted by Arker101 (1474 posts) -

@holcomb4 said:

my buddy's aunt makes $68/hour on the internet. She has been without work for 8 months but last month her paycheck was $8705 just working on the internet for a few hours. Read more on this site... NuttyRich.com

Interesting. Please tell me more.

#34 Posted by Beb (243 posts) -

Played through this on DS - it is great and everyone should play it.

#35 Posted by Zabant (1236 posts) -
#36 Posted by Arrested_Developer (713 posts) -

Welcome newcomers to the only Pomeranian you'll ever love.
#37 Posted by Simulacrum (462 posts) -

Now you have no excuse Patrick!

#38 Posted by MysteriousBob (6272 posts) -

What asshole actually owns an iPad?

#39 Posted by patrickklepek (4129 posts) -

@iAmJohn said:

Your hostile attitude isn't really appreciated, sir. Has nothing to do with DS or iPad--it just fell into my pile of shame, I'd heard the game was really great on iPad, and now I have a new excuse to play the game. Chill out?

Staff
#40 Edited by Zol (60 posts) -

Prayers answered

What an idiotic superstition drenched meme.

#41 Posted by AlisterCat (5540 posts) -

@MysteriousBob said:

What asshole actually owns an iPad?

...millions upon millions of people? Tens of millions even.

#42 Posted by Enigmatical (135 posts) -

I'm so excited for this. I had been tossing around the idea of buying it used for my DS, now I can have it on a device that I actually -want- to carry around with me. Friggin' sweet!

#43 Posted by admanb (225 posts) -

@iAmJohn said:

DSs are stupid.

#44 Edited by RuthLoose (808 posts) -

@Mr_Spinnington said:

@iAmJohn

i second this question

INDIFFERENCE and/or OBSOLESCENCE of the Nintendo DS system and its catalog of games.

#45 Edited by stinky (1544 posts) -

@Zol said:

Prayers answered

What an idiotic superstition drenched meme.

thats not a meme.

also apparently i'm an asshole for buying an ipad.

#46 Posted by richinjapan (14 posts) -

Waited for months for this to come to the iPad, and just last week gave in and got it for the DS. Consarnit!

#47 Posted by AlisterCat (5540 posts) -

@patrickklepek said:

@iAmJohn said:

Your hostile attitude isn't really appreciated, sir. Has nothing to do with DS or iPad--it just fell into my pile of shame, I'd heard the game was really great on iPad, and now I have a new excuse to play the game. Chill out?

Also, a game like Chrono Trigger has been out since 1995 on multiple platforms. Is it worth asking that question to everyone who bought the iPhone version of that too?

A re-release on a new platform is always a good reason to try a game you didn't get around to before.

#48 Posted by Slezak (12 posts) -

This story and these comments are just another sign that handheld devices dedicated for gaming are on the way out. Especially with comments like, "It probably looks nicer on the phone anyway," and opinions like, "Even though this game was designed for the DS, it will control just as well--if not better--on the iPad/iPhone."

I loved Ghost Trick on the DS last year (stayed up one night until 4:30am to finish it) and, maybe if I had an iPad/iPhone, I would consider picking it up again, along with the Phoenix Wright trilogy. I'll be looking forward to seeing some gameplay of how they changed Ghost Trick's UI up to fit the resolution of the iPad/iPhone.

Until then, I'll be sitting over here feeling bad for my DS and looking ahead to a future where the iOS, Android, and WP devices are the new homes for gaming on the go.

#49 Posted by SlightConfuse (3963 posts) -

Miles Edgeworth 2 please. But this is some good news, more people need to play ghost trick. NOw only if they release 999 for ipad more people would play it.

#50 Posted by Anwar (864 posts) -

@patrickklepek said:

@iAmJohn said:

I don't see any hostility, but that's maybe just me. And he doesn't seem not chilled out either.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.