Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Ghostbusters: The Video Game

Game » consists of 24 releases. Released Jun 16, 2009

With a script edited and approved by Dan Aykroyd and Harold Ramis, Ghostbusters: The Video Game is a sequel to the feature length films. Who ya gonna call? GHOSTBUSTERS!

Automated call . . . . of the damned

sarahsdad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 21

#1  Edited By sarahsdad

Got an odd automated call this afternoon. It was a recording of Dan Akroyd pitching the midnight release of Ghostbusters at the Gamestop down the street from me.

Maybe I jsut don't reserve the right games, or do so often enough, but this just felt wrong. I'm still going to get the game, but after getting this call I started to wonder:
    Is ole' Dan hard up for cash?
    Is this some contract thing he had to do?
    Is he really that much in love with Ghostbusters that he would want to do this

Did anyone else get this call, and wonder any of the same things?
    Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Player1

He probably just recorded it while he recorded his lines for the game, and didn't even think twice about it.

And even if he did it for the cash can you blame him? Probably a lot of money for saying 1 or 2 lines. Not a bad deal. 
    Out_On_Bail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By Out_On_Bail

I honestly think it's his love of the Franchise that makes him want to sell it so bad.  He's not lacking money, I promise you that.  He just loves his product.  

With that beind said: Gamestop made him do it.  (But i'm sure it was easy to convince him)
    gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

Dan Akroyd is leaving creepy messages on your answer machine? Are you sure he's not stalking you?

sarahsdad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By sarahsdad

Heh. Could be. He did ask me to be at Gamestop this Monday at 10pm. I'd go, but he didn't use my name; I don't want to get there and find out he meant to call the guy down the street instead.

notworksafe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By notworksafe

I got the same call, but he told me to pick up the game tomorrow. Guess there's no midnight release here.

CenturionCajun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By CenturionCajun

Akroyd loves Ghostbusters. Everything I have read and heard about from the promotion of this game he has been 100% behind it from the start. He's been the driving force behind trying to bring Ghostbusters back in a big way for nearly twenty years. I too got the voicemail and I thought it was a nice little treat. He really put a lot of umph into it. Hope his lines are delivered nearly as well in the actual game.

This is also not a new occurence for automated Gamestop release notifications. Vin Diesel did one earlier in the year for the release of The Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

#8  Edited By sparky_buzzsaw  Online

If I was him, I'd have done it too.  If I had half a chance, I'd probably be the world's biggest sell-out of all time.

HawkSE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By HawkSE

If you call 888-212-7672 you can hear the message for yourself if you didn't pre-order from GameStop. I got it and think it's great. Usually "Ashley" the preorder girl calls, nice it's something different and unique this time.

fr0br0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By fr0br0

I think that's Dan just relaying his love for the series. He's even in the commercials.

sarahsdad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By sarahsdad

That's cool. I hope the game is good enough and that he has enough pull to make another movie happen as well.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.