Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Ghostbusters: The Video Game

Game » consists of 24 releases. Released Jun 16, 2009

With a script edited and approved by Dan Aykroyd and Harold Ramis, Ghostbusters: The Video Game is a sequel to the feature length films. Who ya gonna call? GHOSTBUSTERS!

So excited about Ghostbusters on the PC

Krakn3Dfx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

Edited By Krakn3Dfx

If you haven't seen the HardOCP video footage of Ghostbusters running on a quad core PC with a GTX 280, it's definitely worth checking out.  Their engine scales "infinitely" based on the hardware and does all of the physics work through the CPU you're using which means that a high end quad core CPU or an I7 should kick ass in this game.  Comparing this to some of the PS3/360 footage I've seen, I gotta say I think the PC version is going to be the one to latch onto.

http://hardocp.com/news.html?news=MzkwMjUsLCxoZW50aHVzaWFzdCwsLDE=

The game is retailing for $30 on the PC, half the price of the PS3/360 versions, which also makes it a lot more attractive.  I may just end up grabbing this and the Wii version so I can enjoy the best of both art styles used in the game.

Krakn3Dfx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Krakn3Dfx

If you haven't seen the HardOCP video footage of Ghostbusters running on a quad core PC with a GTX 280, it's definitely worth checking out.  Their engine scales "infinitely" based on the hardware and does all of the physics work through the CPU you're using which means that a high end quad core CPU or an I7 should kick ass in this game.  Comparing this to some of the PS3/360 footage I've seen, I gotta say I think the PC version is going to be the one to latch onto.

http://hardocp.com/news.html?news=MzkwMjUsLCxoZW50aHVzaWFzdCwsLDE=

The game is retailing for $30 on the PC, half the price of the PS3/360 versions, which also makes it a lot more attractive.  I may just end up grabbing this and the Wii version so I can enjoy the best of both art styles used in the game.

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Diamond

I think it looks pretty ugly and unimpressive visually on all the platforms.  The price difference is just offensive between the PC and 360/PS3 version to me.  Why couldn't they give that big of a discount for 360 and PS3 users?  Just because PC game sales are lower why should they get such a huge discount.  It's not even licensing related, because the difference wouldn't be that big.

I personally consider that the last straw, I'm gonna wait until it's $20.

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Diamond
    @SuperMooseman said:
    " @Diamond: PC games always cost less than their console counterparts. It's nothing new. "
    Usually $10, almost never half off.
    Krakn3Dfx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Krakn3Dfx

I'm going to be in store Day One for at least the PC version, and possibility the Wii version.

And I think it looks friggin awesome.

CenturionCajun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By CenturionCajun

PC game sales declined drastically last year. Something like 23% year over year. I don't find it horribly surprising that they are beginning to release games which low ball the traditional $50 price tag. They want to give incentive for gamers to buy the product at retail and not pirate it. They are going to sell it full price on the consoles simply because that is where the money is.

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Diamond

Sounds like the reason the PC version is $30 is it won't have any online features at all (no coop, no DLC).  Saw this on a few sources.  I don't feel so bad about paying $60 for the 360 version if that's true.

The PC minimum requirements seem insane to me :
    Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo E4300 or AMD Athlon X2 +3800 *
    Memory: 2 GB RAM
    Video Card: ATI Radeon X1800-series 512 MB, Intel G45 Express Chipset, NVIDIA GeForce 8400 512MB**
    * Dual core processors, such as the Intel Pentium D 805, are not supported.
    ** Video cards that have only 256MB of RAM are not supported.

Here's the recommended specs :
    Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 or equivalent
    Memory: 4 GB RAM
    Video Card: ATI Radeon HD 4800 series, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260 series or higher video card

It also seems to have online activation DRM.

Ferginator4k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 57

User Lists: 12

#7  Edited By Ferginator4k

The game runs fine for me, but the difficulty is Completely JACKED! i Die in about 2 hits on the second level every time i try.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.