Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Ghostbusters

Franchise »

The 1984 smash hit comedy had a hit computer game launch alongside it.

Ghostbusters: The Board Game

elko84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By elko84

Hey duders! Not sure if you guys have seen this yet, but I thought I would pass this along to get the word out there because I love Ghostbusters! Cryptozoic is looking to make a board game based on Ghostbusters. They are up on Kickstarter and their initial goal was $250,000 which was reached in the first 24 hours of going live on Kickstarter. Check it out!

Sergio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I saw it when it launched, but I had just backed Conan. I set a reminder so I can see how my finances are in a month.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Corevi

I'm a huge Ghostbusters fan but 80$ for a board game without knowing if it's any fun is rough.

Guess I'll just forget about it until it shows up on SU&SD.

elko84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By elko84

@sergio: Wow, I'm not a Conan fan, but that board game looks pretty sweet! I'm pretty excited for this Ghostbusters one though. Already backing it and getting a Mass Hysteria version!

Also, Conan looks to have a ton of pieces and figures. I'm a sucker for those types of board games.

elko84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@corevi: They are working on getting a gameplay video put together, hopefully that will help show how it is played/the fun of the game.

Bane122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I saw this on Game Informer yesterday and my excitement went from sky high to crushed once I saw the actual Kickstarter. Just about every single thing about it really rubs me the wrong way.

elko84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For anyone that might not know still or missed this, still 19 days to go. More stretch goals have been unlocked and they've added two videos to help explain the rules and show how the game plays. So close to unlocking the Grey Lady ghost! Check it out.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ba16609964d9
    deactivated-5ba16609964d9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

I never feel right about funding Kickstarters.

elko84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By elko84

First KS I ever backed was the Webhook one for Dave Snider. Only did $5 but I wanted to help. I backed two other technology projects for $5 each. So I've never done enough to where I would actually receive anything. But I am a huge Ghostbusters fan, so I am all in on this KS. It's gonna be great!

The art style of the game is all based on the comic book illustrator Dan Schoening's designs. They just updated that writer Erik Burnham and illustrator Dan Schoening of the IDW Ghostbuster comic book series will be writing and drawing an original back story to go along with the board game, explaining why the all the ghosts have started to appear!

elko84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.