Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Ghosthunter

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Aug 17, 2004

Ghosthunter is a horror themed third person shooter which has you cast as newly appointed ghost hunter Lazarus Jones. Having unwittingly released hundreds of ghosts from a special vault, Lazarus must explore a myriad of haunted locales to fix his mistake and save his abducted partner.

Ghosthunter Bombastica is coming!

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 15

I'm so glad this game is getting a bombastica. This is probably my favorite PS2 game, despite the fact that it's technically an unfinished mess (especially towards the end). I feel it's an overlooked game, though, and it is much better than the Ghostbusters games (I mention that because it has similar qualities to Ghostbusters).

It's kind of a shame the game failed and for the most part gets ignored, even when people talk nostalgically, but it's a game I look back on fondly. If it wasn't for the fact that it's owned by Sony I'd wish they could make a PC version. That's fine, though, because I still have my PS2 to play it on.

It will be interesting to see what (I'm going to guess) Patrick has to say about it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b43dadb9061b
    deactivated-5b43dadb9061b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

It's Alex (I think). So I'm expecting snark. I liked the game when I played it.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#3  Edited By Yummylee

Yeah, it's Alex. As for the game itself, I found it to be largely forgettable besides its notable voice cast, with what I think is Michael Gambon's only voice role in a video game to date.

@everettescott: Might not be as much snark as you'd think, since he liked it back in the day at least. Gave it an 8.0.

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

Well, my guess was (expectedly and apparently) wrong. Still looking forward to it. Great game and I am interested to hear what whoever has to say about it.

@yummylee: I can totally get why you'd say its forgettable. The mechanics stick with me more than anything (the way you trap ghosts is awesome imo) and some of the areas are pretty cool (although one of the bad things about the game is they don't play around with different locales enough- a large chunk of one of the first places you go is incredibly dull to look at for instance).

I don't know, for every bad thing about the game I can name things I really liked about it and it's always stuck with me. I've played the game more times than is probably healthy, too.

I am this games only fanboy, but I wont deny it is severely flawed.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Always looking forward to a new Bombastica.

KillEm_Dafoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By KillEm_Dafoe

I rented this back in the day and I remember liking it quite a bit, though I didn't finish it. I'm interested to see how well it matches my memories of it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.