First Screenshots

#1 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19371 posts) -

Courtesy of Xbox.com:

Box Art

I think some environments and character models look decent, while others look like crap. Of course, nothing about the character designs themselves are very appealing.

#2 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

Unsurprisingly, I am completely flaccid right now.

#3 Posted by Dany (7887 posts) -

Uninspired.

#4 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19371 posts) -

Oh, and here's the first piece of character art:

#5 Posted by ArbitraryWater (11909 posts) -

Yep. This is basically the equivalent of that amazingly crappy 3DO fighting game they played on TNT that one time. It's nice to see that the genre has come back enough for terrible Z-grade titles to be made again.

#6 Posted by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

Yeah, I won't touch this thing.

#7 Posted by LordXavierBritish (6320 posts) -

Why is Giantbomb wiki telling me this was made by the original Civilations developers.

#8 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19371 posts) -

@LordXavierBritish said:

Why is Giantbomb wiki telling me this was made by the original Civilations developers.

From this thread:

@FluxWaveZ said:

For those curious about the Microprose situation, this was from the press release:

About Microprose
Microprose was formerly named Interactive Game Group, LLC. I2G just renamed itself, thereby reviving a brand with a long-term history in the videogame space. Microprose is a company producing and acquiring video games and other interactive entertainment properties, whether packaged media, online or wireless, joining forces with the best studios, publishers and distributors for each project on a worldwide scale. Microprose is a member of the Cybergun group.
#9 Posted by Dagbiker (6978 posts) -

They still need to add shaders, Right?

#10 Edited by kindgineer (2767 posts) -

Yawn, an uninspired cash-cow geared towards penis-driven nerds. I'd rather have a well thought out fighter that doesn't emphasize on double D's.

EDIT: I just took a second glance at the cover art, and I love the ladies, but that's just a disgusting piece of man ego-dom if I've ever seen it. Looks like the developers are stuck in their 13 year old shells.

#11 Posted by biospank (660 posts) -

dam and I was somhow hopeing this would be like mk with only chicks but  its a rumble roses game.

#12 Posted by ImmortalSaiyan (4690 posts) -

Wow, that looks bad. The character designs are bad but I kinda like the all out approach. It's like they figured, "well all the character must be busty ladies barely wearing anything so lets dress the up in the most nonsensical outfits you can muster".

#13 Posted by AngelN7 (2970 posts) -

Hmm the 2 western made fighting games for this year are based arround girls only fights ....

#14 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19371 posts) -

@AngelN7 said:

Hmm the 2 western made fighting games for this year are based arround girls only fights ....

Weird, huh.

#15 Posted by Little_Socrates (5683 posts) -

I'm confused, why do you keep posting about this game? Can't we all just forget that it exists?

#16 Posted by Commisar123 (1796 posts) -

@FluxWaveZ: I can't believe that you thought any part of this looks decent

#17 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19371 posts) -

@Commisar123 said:

@FluxWaveZ: I can't believe that you thought any part of this looks decent

Hm, well look at this one, for example:

I really don't think the environment looks bad how it is here. Don't get me wrong, though. In general, it looks real bad.

#18 Posted by JackSukeru (5921 posts) -

Given its reception, this is a prime candidate for "most surprisingly not-shit game of 2012". Of course it would have to be "not-shit" for that to happen, and I feel like the chances are slim given what we know so far. All the more reason right?

But hey, maybe it'll make for a decently funny quicklook, that would totally validate its existance also.

#19 Posted by DarkShaper (1341 posts) -

All those girls look like what really creepy people make with a character creator. That being said I will probably buy this depending on the price since bad fighting games can be a blast with a group of friends.

#20 Posted by Rudeboy217 (1769 posts) -

@Cloudenvy said:

Yeah, I won't touch this thing.

#21 Posted by DonChipotle (2783 posts) -

So is this like an even worse Rumble Roses?

#22 Posted by InfiniteGeass (2056 posts) -

I like boobs you guys. Too bad I suck at fighting games

#23 Posted by roc_553 (210 posts) -

We've come so far since 2006.

#24 Posted by NTM (7479 posts) -

Looks like junk, so it is.

#25 Posted by iAmJohn (6127 posts) -

So it's DoA.

#26 Posted by Phatmac (5726 posts) -

I hate video games.

#27 Posted by ArbitraryWater (11909 posts) -

@iAmJohn said:

So it's DoA.

DOA is at least attempting to be a valid fighting game among the massive bouncy breasts, and it also has male characters. This is just cheap exploitation in the vein of Catfight, Gamespot's worst game... of 1996.

#28 Posted by retsub101 (168 posts) -

It's shit like this that makes me embarrassed to call myself a gamer & why the media continues to not take the industry seriously.

#29 Posted by Commisar123 (1796 posts) -

@FluxWaveZ: I think you missed my point

#30 Posted by Demoskinos (15011 posts) -

Love how everyone is throwing this under the bus before knowing shit about the actual mechanics.

#31 Posted by PixelPrinny (1030 posts) -

@Demoskinos said:

Love how everyone is throwing this under the bus before knowing shit about the actual mechanics.

We already have DoA for exploitative 3D fighters. Do we need another with DoA5 right around the corner? Will different mechanics honestly make it any more appealing than the "Look, breasts!" angle these images are going with, for this game? I somehow doubt that. But maybe it will be a fantastic fighter, mechanics-wise. I'll still pass.

#32 Posted by Animasta (14711 posts) -

gross

still think skullgirls is worse though (as far as the character design is concerned)

#33 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19371 posts) -

@Commisar123 said:

@FluxWaveZ: I think you missed my point

Uh, okay.

#34 Posted by Hailinel (25179 posts) -

So this is basically Catfight 3D then?

#35 Posted by JasonR86 (9742 posts) -

Jesus. The box art.

#36 Posted by SomeScrub (49 posts) -

This actually looks a lot better than what I was expecting lol.

#37 Posted by SoldierG654342 (1786 posts) -

There goes my hope for digitized actors.

#38 Posted by Demoskinos (15011 posts) -

@PixelPrinny: I'm just saying its super dumb to throw a game under the bus without knowing anything about how it plays. It might turn out to be complete shit. Then again what if it happens to be a good? Also don't understand everyones complete aversion to this just because it shows some boobs.

#39 Posted by Driadon (3001 posts) -

I find this abundance of T 'n' A disturbing.

#40 Posted by SpunkyHePanda (1700 posts) -

Girls be fightin'. Am I right, fellas?

#41 Posted by SuperWristBands (2266 posts) -

No thanks. Models look bad, and I really doubt it's gonna have worth while gameplay.

#42 Posted by PeasantAbuse (5138 posts) -

This game is doo doo.

#43 Posted by FancySoapsMan (5841 posts) -

doesn't look as bad as I was expecting tbh

#44 Posted by eroticfishcake (7786 posts) -

So it's...Rumble Roses more or less? I played RR once. Just once. Yeah...

#45 Posted by llamaegg (228 posts) -

I kinda hope it's super freaking bad and becomes one of those late night games people play in hotel rooms during Evo. Nothing says drinking game like terrible fighters.

#46 Posted by mosdl (3229 posts) -

Wait wait wait...is that a Microprose logo on the box? How the mighty have fallen.

#47 Posted by Vegetable_Side_Dish (1730 posts) -

I don't get it though, if people want to jack off to fighting game characters they already have Soul Calibur V, which has an actual fighting game on top of it to boot.

#48 Posted by MEATBALL (3321 posts) -

Videogames.

#49 Posted by Shun_Akiyama (490 posts) -

girl fight? where?

#50 Posted by BeachThunder (12087 posts) -

They should have called it XX-COM.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.