Cannot get a handle on the shark battle

#1 Posted by WickedFather (1733 posts) -

You know after you beat the Funky King Bee, which is great fun, then you get the shark and it's just a load of the pad bits.  I just can't get a handle on the rhythm.  Any tips?  It's driving me crazy.

I'm probably really bad at it but my friend couldn't get past it either.

#2 Posted by Gamer_152 (14091 posts) -

I know nothing about Gitaroo Man, however I do know this is the best thread title I've seen all day. I'm sure the awesomeness of it is enhanced by the fact that I have no context for it whatsoever.

#3 Posted by oraknabo (1502 posts) -

The only way I was able to beat it is I shared a dual shock with a friend and we each covered 2 buttons.

#4 Posted by habster3 (3600 posts) -
@Gamer_152 said:
"I know nothing about Gitaroo Man, however I do know this is the best thread title I've seen all day. I'm sure the awesomeness of it is enhanced by the fact that I have no context for it whatsoever. "
Definitely.
#5 Posted by LordXavierBritish (6320 posts) -

Get better. 

It's a rhythm game, i don' know what kind of advice you were hoping for.

#6 Posted by lmenzol (271 posts) -
@WickedFather: rofl your the first person ive heard of thats played this game besides myself
#7 Posted by LiquidSaiyan3 (461 posts) -

Yeah, I remember this causing me tons of trouble the first time. It's been a while so I can't remember anything specific other than keeping at it. 

The only thing that may help is to treat the buttons more like the d-pad and kinda slide your fingers from button to button. Hope that helps : /

#8 Posted by habster3 (3600 posts) -
@LiquidSaiyan3 said:
"Yeah, I remember this causing me tons of trouble the first time. It's been a while so I can't remember anything specific other than keeping at it.  The only thing that may help is to treat the buttons more like the d-pad and kinda slide your fingers from button to button. Hope that helps : / "
I've NEVER played this game, but this sounds like really good advice.
#9 Posted by LiquidSaiyan3 (461 posts) -
@habster3 said:
" I've NEVER played this game "
You are MISSING OUT. My fave music / rhythm game with original music
#10 Posted by WickedFather (1733 posts) -

Lord British, I kinda thought somebody might know how to get a grip on the rhythm but it's just a flood of lunacy.  I've got further with near mashing than trying to be perfect.  I can't wait to kick that sharky git in the snout and ram an oxygen cylinder down its gullet - BOOM!

#11 Posted by Catarrhal (839 posts) -
@WickedFather: Son, I realize this thread is nearly six months old, so I apologize for that. But the key is this, my friend: on your right hand, you must use your fingers to succeed. This applies to all subsequent stages as well.
#12 Posted by WickedFather (1733 posts) -

I finally did for the elasmobrachii git.  Six months on but only a handfull of sessions.  I finally did it while I was in a party on xbox live, maybe the one side of my brain got a word in for a change.  It was messy, had about 2 pixels left.  Sadly the next 3 people went down first go, then the Sanbone Trio which I liked just because it was a challenge again.  Then another easy ride and onto the last boss who crucified me.  I've turned it off now because I don't want it to be over too soon.  I'll be back.

Going to have to get my Um Jamma Lammy back once this is done.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.