I just spent $226 on this, was that stupid.

#1 Posted by kingofpeanuts (479 posts) -

I just won a Gizmondo on ebay for 226 dollars USD. I have always want this piece of history and am happy to have it, but did I spent to much.

#2 Posted by FancySoapsMan (5827 posts) -

yup, you sure did.

#3 Posted by kingofpeanuts (479 posts) -
@FancySoapsMan: know I just need to find the games
#4 Posted by RavenX302 (258 posts) -

I would never spend that kind of money on something like that, but its your money, the fuck with what others think.

#5 Posted by kingofpeanuts (479 posts) -
@RavenX302: thanks
#6 Posted by ArchScabby (5809 posts) -

Stupid? Yes.  Should you care? No.

#7 Posted by BraveToaster (12589 posts) -

Good for you.

#8 Posted by Afroman269 (7387 posts) -
@RavenX302 said:
" I would never spend that kind of money on something like that, but its your money, the fuck with what others think. "
#9 Posted by mylifeforAiur (3484 posts) -

money is fleeting my friend, but the Gizmondo will live on forever.................... 

#10 Edited by ArbitraryWater (11734 posts) -

Wow. Yep. That was stupid. If you are going to get a shitty failed console off E-Bay, why not get one that is an actual console and not some sort of scheme by the sweedish mob? Seriously. You can find a virtual boy and a decent amount of games for that price, not to mention the Jaguar, 3DO and N-Gage, which all have more merit than the Gizmondo.

#11 Posted by HandsomeDead (11863 posts) -

Money well spent.

#12 Posted by ch3burashka (5072 posts) -
@kingofpeanuts said:
" I just won a Gizmondo on ebay for 226 dollars USD. I have always want this piece of history and am happy to have it, but did I spent to much. "
I wouldn't consider that "winning"...
#13 Posted by HitmanAgent47 (8576 posts) -

You must be on crack.

#14 Posted by RsistncE (4496 posts) -

WHY...whyyyyyyyyyy......

#15 Edited by kingofpeanuts (479 posts) -
@ArbitraryWater: I own a 3DO and N-gage, I don't want to buy a Jaguar only because there connection points a very weak and it could be broken. I will only buy one when I can see it start up and play in person.
#16 Posted by kingofpeanuts (479 posts) -
@HitmanAgent47: no but I am really sleepy
#17 Posted by Ineedaname (4319 posts) -

Wait, wait, wait, why would you do this!?

#18 Posted by Gamer_152 (14078 posts) -

I think it depends how much you value old consoles and how much money you have. I wouldn't have done it myself but if that's your thing then cool.

#19 Posted by kingofpeanuts (479 posts) -
@Ineedaname: Impulse, I have always wanted one!
#20 Posted by FourWude (2261 posts) -

DAMN YOU DIETRICH!!!

#21 Posted by kingofpeanuts (479 posts) -
@FourWude: What is dietrich?
#22 Edited by FourWude (2261 posts) -
@kingofpeanuts said:

" @FourWude: What is dietrich? "

Dietrich is the Keyser Soze of the Gizmondo world.
#23 Posted by Raven10 (1789 posts) -

Well speaking there are like only 2 games for that system I don't see any reason to own it other than to say you own it. If you have that much money to blow there are charities that need help and people starving in the streets. If you are a collector then I guess that is fine, but that would be at the bottom of my list of systems to collect, right up there with the Zodiac.

#24 Posted by kingofpeanuts (479 posts) -

Ohh, I thought that was a meme, I am bad with internet memes.

#25 Posted by NekuSakuraba (7241 posts) -
@kingofpeanuts: Have fun with your Sticky Balls. 

#26 Posted by TooWalrus (13197 posts) -

That's kinda rad. I remember all the weeks of talk on the old Hotspot about the controversy surrounding the Gizmondo, awesome. Also, how about some pictures?

#27 Posted by Apathylad (3066 posts) -

As a gaming platform, it's stupid to have purchased it, but it's still an interesting piece of gaming history, I suppose. 

#28 Posted by JJOR64 (18990 posts) -

#29 Posted by captain_clayman (3321 posts) -
@kingofpeanuts said:
" I just won a Gizmondo on ebay for 226 dollars USD. I have always want this piece of history and am happy to have it, but did I spent to much. "
won?  i dont call buying a 226 dollar paperweight "winning"
#30 Posted by Cold_Wolven (2219 posts) -

Was there a Rayman game for the Gizmondo? I see a screenshot of Rayman on the Gizmondo screen but I don't see it listed on the Giant Bomb page. As to the OP, maybe you should buy an N-gage next if you have so much spare money. 

#31 Posted by W0lfbl1tzers (1789 posts) -
@kingofpeanuts: I probably would have spent more. I like buying old consoles. I was so close to buying a Jaguar the other day. Keep on collecting. It's fun.
#32 Posted by kingofpeanuts (479 posts) -
@NekuSakuraba: I am ready to play with them. ;)
#33 Posted by Omega (835 posts) -

Wow, really? Why didn't you just use your money more sensibly like buy an N-gage, or the Pippin, or toss it in a wood chipper for the few fleeting moments of glee you'll feel as you watch it float to the ground like confetti.

#34 Posted by jim_dandy (891 posts) -
#35 Posted by gla55jAw (2689 posts) -
@NekuSakuraba said:
" @kingofpeanuts: Have fun with your Sticky Balls. 

"
You beat me to it. Good job.
#36 Posted by kingofpeanuts (479 posts) -
@Omega: I have a N-gage, the only Pippin I find are from the EU
#37 Posted by Tebbit (4465 posts) -
@FourWude said:
" DAMN YOU DIETRICH!!! "
Classic Hotspot moment right there.
#38 Posted by Apathylad (3066 posts) -
@kingofpeanuts: @Tebbit said:
" @FourWude said:
" DAMN YOU DIETRICH!!! "
Classic Hotspot moment right there. "

#39 Posted by LordAndrew (14426 posts) -

Stefan Eriksson is currently laughing maniacally as he escapes from Sweden on a gold blimp that you helped fund. I hope you're satisfied!

#40 Posted by kingofpeanuts (479 posts) -
@LordAndrew: I bought it used so the money doesn't go to him
#41 Posted by foggel (2763 posts) -

If you're a collector, it was a reasonable purchase. You could have a more expensive hobby, like car tuning for example.

#42 Posted by Omega (835 posts) -
@kingofpeanuts said:
" @Omega: I have a N-gage, the only Pippin I find are from the EU "
Oh I see, you collect obsolete consoles I thought you bought it on a whim thinking you'd have fun with it.  

Guess I should have read more before posting. 
#43 Posted by jonnyboy (2920 posts) -

God I miss Didrich. We need more elusive insurance phantoms in the world of video games. Well, other than 3D realms.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.