No recent wiki edits to this page.
Glass Joe is a French boxer in the Punch-Out!! series. Though he appeared in the arcade releases of Punch-Out!! and Super Punch-Out!!, he is most widely recognized for his appearance as the first boxer faced in Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!! on the NES. The weakest boxer in the game, he is known as "France's Glass Jaw" and has 1 win and 99 losses, with his one win a knock out. He is ranked #2 in the Minor Circuit and weights 110 pounds.
Glass Joe appears in Punch-Out!! on the Wii, once again as the first fighter faced by Little Mac. His weaknesses are largely the same as they were in his NES incarnation. However, once the player completes a run through all of the circuits once, a more difficult series of fights opens up. In his return appearance, Glass Joe's fragile glass jaw is protected by a boxing helmet, and the player must use an alternative strategy to defeat him.
From Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!!:
- "Watch the jaw!! Don't hit the jaw!"
- "Do I have time to take a nap before the fight?"
- "Make it quick... I want to retire!"
- "This is my last match! I'm too old for fighting!"
From Punch-Out (Wii):
- "Bonjour, bonjour! Je suis Glass Joe! Ha-ha!" (Hello, hello! I am Glass Joe! Ha-ha!)
- "Hé! Hé! Vive la France!" (Hey, hey! Long live France!)
- "Les mains me font mal, les gants de boxe sont trop serrés." (My hands hurt, the gloves are too tight.)
- "Ha! Une, deux, trois, quatre, cinq, six, sept, huit, neuf, KO!" (Ha! One, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, KO!)
- "Je viens te chercher!" (I'm coming to get you!)
- "Ma tête est en plein forme, mais mon estomac est en bouillie!" (My head is in top shape, but my gut hurts!)
- "Mon docteur a déclaré... que tu es mauvais pour ma santé" (My doctor declared... that you are bad for my health)
- "Hey! Hey! Liberté!" (Hey! Hey! Freedom!)
- "Je gagne!" (I win!)