God Hand...wow

#1 Posted by justin3d (61 posts) -

I have just started playing through the game for the first time (thank goodness for a backward compatible PS3). 

Talk about just throwing you into a game. This game is nuts. You get a VERY short cutscene and you are fighting two guys. No "this button does ____" pop-ups. Nothing. You are left to flail with the controls to figure out what you SHOULD be doing. The "tutorials" are just floating nodes you can activate to get 2 sentences about different topics.  On the plus side it is kind of fun getting into a game that just throws you in. You are left to figure things out. That being said, if you are hoping to get a wide audience, this is not how you should usher people into your game. 

The punching really feels satisfying. When you are juggling and knocking guys across the room, it feels so good. 

If you guys are looking for a CRAZY brawler, please find a copy.

#2 Posted by MrKlorox (11197 posts) -
@justin3d said:
" On the plus side it is kind of fun getting into a game that just throws you in. You are left to figure things out. "
You should play STALKER Call of Pripyat if you enjoyed that. Or Minecraft for that matter. Figuring shit out is part of the experience in those games.
#3 Posted by FunExplosions (5407 posts) -

I hear the ending is the best part. Don't stop.

#4 Posted by Flappy (2109 posts) -
@FunExplosions said:
" I hear the ending is the best part. Don't stop. "
When times get rough, just remember this man's words.
#5 Posted by Icemael (6306 posts) -

Best beat 'em up ever made.

#6 Posted by RobotHamster (4169 posts) -

Never got around to it, I think I'll pick it up soon.

#7 Posted by Ricerx (63 posts) -

I hope you like punching gorillas in luchador masks.

#8 Posted by BunkerBuster (1042 posts) -

God powers keep my Pimp Hand strong!

So very very underrated. Everyone spam Mikami to get the sequel done!

#9 Posted by ooochoa (42 posts) -

One of my favorites from the PS2 definitely. Crossing my fingers that Gene will be in McC3

#10 Posted by gla55jAw (2684 posts) -

It's a pretty fun game. It just starts to get really hard. At least that's what happened to me.

#11 Posted by Red12b (9073 posts) -

See, that is why manuals are a good thing. 

#12 Posted by SuperfluousMoniker (2906 posts) -

I was just playing this the other day. Fantastic game, truly unique. Hard as hell but totally worth mastering.

#13 Posted by Hailinel (23669 posts) -

This game will dragon kick your ass into the Milky Way, and it will be awesome.

#14 Posted by Yummylee (21201 posts) -

Love it. Though the humour is pretty lame, for the most part. Typical anime esque gags, I suppose, which I could never get much of a chuckle from.

#15 Posted by TheHT (10789 posts) -

Yup. If I had a PS2 or BC PS3, I'd totally get that. Looked awesome.

#16 Posted by Apathylad (3066 posts) -

Good times. Maybe Gene will be in Marvel vs. Capcom 3! o_O...okay, probably not. 

#17 Posted by bartok (2406 posts) -

You start out hating the game and then it grows on you like a fungus. The game is hard as hell but it seems fair about it.  Also best ending credits ever!!!

#18 Posted by Gabriel (4055 posts) -

I want to play this but it's 40 bucks on Amazon :(

#19 Posted by SlightConfuse (3963 posts) -

this is one hell of game  keep playing the maxium awesome

#20 Posted by ImmortalSaiyan (4673 posts) -

God Hand is amazing. you can punch and kick and do all kinds of crazy shit.
#21 Posted by Psykhophear (939 posts) -

I didn't like it at first because it was such a hard, brutal game but once you understand the mechanics of it, God Hand became one of my all-time favorite beat-em-ups. Too bad it didn't sell well.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.