Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

God Mode

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Apr 19, 2013

An arcade style, fast pace third person shooter from Saber Interactive and subsidiary Old School Games.

This seems alright.

Turbyne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I only just played the trial but the shooting is surprisingly solid, and the game seems tough as nails on the default diffuculty. However that oddly pitched and modified voice that constantly speaks to you could get annoying.

Anybody else try it yet? I may just purchase it later, it's only ten bucks. It seems to have some substance and quality to it despite being so cheap.

Grimdaddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just tried it, and despite some problems with lag, it was really solid and fun otherwise. I think I will take a chance on it.

Solh0und

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Solh0und

I just got done playing the trial too. It seems fun but I bet it'll be better if I had people with mics to play with. Not to mention that it's only $10 makes it even sweeter. I'm only debating whenever to buy it on XBLA or wait for it to come to PSN next week.

darkvare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

where do you get the trial?

Solh0und

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkvare said:

where do you get the trial?

Xbox has the trial on God Mode's game page.

Turbyne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@solh0und said:

I just got done playing the trial too. It seems fun but I bet it'll be better if I had people with mics to play with. Not to mention that it's only $10 makes it even sweeter. I'm only debating whenever to buy it on XBLA or wait for it to come to PSN next week.

I'd say whichever side has friends willing to play with you, obviously. I cannot believe how tough this game is. Seems fair though, you can shoot or dodge just about everything.

reisz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I was Just looking at this on steam, I might give it a shot, seems like more value than I have seen for a while at a $10 price, If any of you other duders want to play it on PC let me know.

UltimatBlitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

The steam description says "Characters are fully customizable, both in appearance and equipment". I was wondering if that's more like Boarderlands 2, where you get different heads and outfits to switch around on the 3 characters shown in the main image, or do you really make a character?

rathantoras

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By rathantoras

@ultimatblitz: You can pick from heads and unlock more heads, pick different tops, pants and accessories although the accessories seem only to be glasses, hats are determined by the head you pick. You only unlock things from in game currency and xp which seems pretty easily gotten.

This game seems pretty good, would be cool if more people on here got into it.

p.s. I got it on steam if anyone wants to play.

zenmastah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

It has some issues it seems.

EVO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

From what I saw of the QL it looked like garbage. One man's trash, eh?

WasabiCurry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zenmastah: I saw that WTF yesterday. Totally skipping over this game that is certain.

slayergnome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@turbyne: I have been playing this game alot yesterday with my friends. I am actually really enjoying it.

Turbyne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@turbyne: I have been playing this game alot yesterday with my friends. I am actually really enjoying it.

Yeah. A lot of people in this thread seem to be sheep. Is the Xbox the only platform with a demo or something? The game is packed with fun for the price.

Mrsignerman44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reminds me of killing floor in a way. I might pick it up, thanks for the heads up.

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#16  Edited By bigjeffrey

I have purchased this on the xbox live marketplace for 10 USD, it's alright MINDLESS SHOOTING.

On a Scale of 30 - 40 i'd give it a 38

Turbyne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have purchased this on the xbox live marketplace for 10 USD, it's alright MINDLESS SHOOTING.

On a Scale of 30 - 40 i'd give it a 38

Big Jeffrey runs famitsu?!

Aesthetics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Having played this game for an hour I feel like the melee and dodge are useless. You still take damage no matter what and the actions feel delayed.

Turbyne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Having played this game for an hour I feel like the melee and dodge are useless. You still take damage no matter what and the actions feel delayed.

I wouldn't say that. Dodging seems neccesary especially for the boss encounters, it just requires more timing than being completely immediate. You ever play something like hunter monster or dark souls? Completely different game but the dodge is akin to that sort of, depending on the situtation. Some of the enemies are just too fast.

Yodasdarkside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 5

#20  Edited By Yodasdarkside

Looking forward to trying this on the PS3 later - sometimes you just need a mindless runaround.

Quarters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Quick Look actually looked decent. Might pick it up sometime if they have a sale on consoles.

Maitimo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Some friends and I picked it up, price seemed right. It's been okay so far, nothing mind-blowing.

EarlessShrimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 10

#23  Edited By EarlessShrimp

I've messed around with it, played one co op game that I got lagged out of. I played a couple arenas by myself which was kind of fun. Like a serious sam spinoff but not quite that level. I think it'll be a much more fun game with people, much like Payday is amazing when played with the right people.

daddydamron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I love this games - and so do my friends. Grabbed it for $4.99 off Steam earlier in the week. Actually, it was the 4-pack for like $15 or whatever. Anyways, so much fun. A few of the controls are mad delayed but the Oath system is great, the customization isn't awful and the actual shooting mechanics aren't bad. Anyone looking for friends to play w/, hit me up on Steam.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.