What do you think of God of War: Chains of Olympus's

#1 Posted by Rayneth (9 posts) -
So im thinking of getting this game but what do you think of it?

thnx

#2 Posted by Mattox (4 posts) -

I just bought it myself and its pretty epic, but I'm playing a little too much Puzzle Quest at the moment :)

#3 Posted by GhettoBond (66 posts) -

If you've played any of the previous God of War games, then you'll know what you're in for.  If not, I'd say pick it up.  It's definitely a fun, action filled game that really keeps you interested from beginning to end.  That may be the only thing that many would consider negative about the game though; it's length.  You can play through it in a sitting or two, taking maybe five to seven hours to beat it.  However, I think the length is perfect, especially considering it's a portable title.  It's a satisfying game.

For $40, the short length of the game makes me a little cautious to easily recommend it.  If you don't mind a short but fantastic game, I'd say get it.  Definitely one of my favorite PSP games.
#4 Posted by ProsaCC (28 posts) -

I have played about 3 hours in and I think it's a good mix of interesting puzzles and fighting. RAD have really capture the feel of the GoW IP in this one. I will try to beat it tonight, I'll return with my review maybe later this week.

#5 Posted by epic_pets (1339 posts) -

I find it very good, the boss fights are epic.

#6 Posted by Heartagram (1183 posts) -

I absolutely loved this game because i felt like i was playing god of war. If you havnt played GOW i might not suggest it and on the otherhand i would play the older games. Most handheld games tend to be different and fortunatly the gameplay isn't .

i feel that the story is very good and up to the rest of god of wars standards.

It really makes you feel Kratos' pain and why he's so fucking pissed

#7 Posted by Cleric (286 posts) -

It's a great game, really. One of the best titles on the PSP library right now.
The problem is indeed the length. It's too short.

#8 Posted by Jotun (555 posts) -

I just beat it not even an hour ago. This is how action games on the PSP should be made. The story was pretty good, the action was awesome, graphics were beautiful and the sound design was outstanding. One of the best portable games I've played in a while.

#9 Posted by JoeDubbs (38 posts) -

I just picked the game up today and started playing and found myself hooked to the gameplay.  I haven't played the two previous games in the series but I'm wishing I had. 

If you own a PSP and are looking for a quality game this is a solid pick. 

#10 Posted by Kush (8889 posts) -

It's basically just more GOW...if you love the first two games you're gonna love this game. If you weren't a GOW fan before then this game won't change your mind. I found it to be pretty fun and it controlled rather well on the PSP, not to mention that it looked pretty good too!

#11 Posted by pause422 (6249 posts) -

Yeah its a great game,and done perfectly for the console,still feels just like god of war should feel. It definitely is on the short side though. There are missions you can do after you beat the game though as well,so it offers a bit more play than just the base story too.

#12 Posted by Rapture (265 posts) -

Cool game, if you love playing it for at least 2 time then you should buy it.

#13 Posted by Discorsi (1390 posts) -

best game  on psp

#14 Posted by get2sammyb (6412 posts) -

This game is absolutely unreal from a technical standpoint.

#15 Posted by oldschool (7264 posts) -

Apparently the best game on the PSP, so when I saw it for $18 (US$12), I bought it.  Pity I can't give you an opinion though as I have yet to try it.  Man I hope I actually like it as I have yet to find a game I have spent any real time using the PSP for.  I doubt that it willbe the one though (Disgaea and FF Tactics were close and they are preferred series for me).  Jut like some others said then, if you like GOW on the PS2, then you will probably like this.

#16 Posted by Bucketdeth (8048 posts) -

Yeah it was a very good game for the Psp, one of my favorites.

#17 Edited by DragoonKain1687 (702 posts) -

There is only one problem with this, you can get 15 hours max out of it. And that includes finishing the trials, and God Mode.
But that aside, its an impressive game all around, it just feels like God of War, no change was done. You can try the demo from the store, and you will get an idea of it.

#18 Posted by SpinCookie (680 posts) -

Great game, I regret selling it, might pick it up again.

#19 Posted by Jayge_ (10221 posts) -

Amazing game. You really have to squeeze to get the most content out of it, but the bonus unlocks, extra trials and difficulty levels etc. will net you quite a long time with the game. In terms of graphics, it's the best game on the system hands down. The boss fights are amazing too. My only regret is that you have to replay the entire game to get to your favorite parts if you didn't have a save for them. I wish there was some arena mode or chapter selection that would let you replay individual battles.

#20 Posted by Optiow (1745 posts) -

'Tis good but a tad short.
but regardless it is a good game for any PsP owner to have.

#21 Posted by Icemael (6364 posts) -

Excellent game. Pretty short(6 hours), but it's so good that you can play through it three times(I did).

#22 Posted by Discorsi (1390 posts) -

This game is awesome.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.