God Of War Collection Coming To PSN This November

Posted by BradNicholson (812 posts) -

Need to rip off a hydra's head but don't want to go outside? Hey, great, because SCE Santa Monica has an offer just for you. Starting this November 2, the God of War Collection will be available for download on PSN, allowing you to grab both God of War and God of War II from the comfort of your darkened lair.

Unfortunately, there is a slight catch: the digital version of the collection won't have any of the "bonus" content that shipped with the disc-based collection. You'll still have to leave said lair if you want all the stuff that shipped with the bundle, in other words.

This news comes straight from the official PlayStation blog, which also reminds us that the latest PSP God of War, God of War: Ghost of Sparta, conveniently hits the same day that this collection will be released. 

== TEASER ==This is a small note, but the wording in the post seems to suggest that both titles in the collection might also be sold separately. The pricing for either the collection or each game is still up in the air at the moment, as Sony has yet to announce the details.

The God of War Collection was sort of a big deal when it was released in 2009. SCE went back and upgraded the two PS2-era games' visuals to crisp 720p and added trophy support, paving the way for other studios to do the same with their own older titles. As a bonus, we discovered that the brawlers still hold up and continue to be fun to play years and years after release.   

#1 Posted by BradNicholson (812 posts) -

Need to rip off a hydra's head but don't want to go outside? Hey, great, because SCE Santa Monica has an offer just for you. Starting this November 2, the God of War Collection will be available for download on PSN, allowing you to grab both God of War and God of War II from the comfort of your darkened lair.

Unfortunately, there is a slight catch: the digital version of the collection won't have any of the "bonus" content that shipped with the disc-based collection. You'll still have to leave said lair if you want all the stuff that shipped with the bundle, in other words.

This news comes straight from the official PlayStation blog, which also reminds us that the latest PSP God of War, God of War: Ghost of Sparta, conveniently hits the same day that this collection will be released. 

== TEASER ==This is a small note, but the wording in the post seems to suggest that both titles in the collection might also be sold separately. The pricing for either the collection or each game is still up in the air at the moment, as Sony has yet to announce the details.

The God of War Collection was sort of a big deal when it was released in 2009. SCE went back and upgraded the two PS2-era games' visuals to crisp 720p and added trophy support, paving the way for other studios to do the same with their own older titles. As a bonus, we discovered that the brawlers still hold up and continue to be fun to play years and years after release.   

#2 Posted by White_Silhouette (468 posts) -

Depending how much I might pick it up via psn.

#3 Posted by ComradeCrash (551 posts) -

I still have yet to beat number 2.

#4 Posted by vr00m (158 posts) -

Maybe, as I don't like to outside.

#5 Posted by JackSukeru (5817 posts) -
@vr00m said:
" Maybe, as I don't like to outside. "
That's awesome! I don't like to outside either.
#6 Posted by punkxblaze (2878 posts) -

Man, I HATE outsiding.

#7 Posted by Warfare (1632 posts) -
@vr00m said:

All your base are belong to us.  
#8 Posted by Ryax (4630 posts) -

i ordered the collection from amazon because i also hate to outside

#9 Posted by soupbones (258 posts) -

Already picked up Castlevania. 

WAKA WAKA WAKA!

#10 Posted by Dork_Metamorphosis (251 posts) -
@vr00m said:
#11 Posted by GunnBjorn (2911 posts) -

That Colossus fight was good!
#12 Posted by Dedodido (235 posts) -

Once, I had to outside to get something. I didn't enjoy it.

#13 Posted by MrPilkington (722 posts) -

I would rather have it on a disk....because I only have 60gigs of space on me hard drive for da PS3.....bummer

#14 Posted by mosdl (3223 posts) -
@ComradeCrash said:
" I still have yet to beat number 2. "
Its the best GOW game out there
#15 Posted by mosdl (3223 posts) -
@PainGod89 said:
"

I would rather have it on a disk....because I only have 60gigs of space on me hard drive for da PS3.....bummer

"
There is a disc release...
#16 Posted by Rhombus_Of_Terror (2055 posts) -

i have the disc version and i need to finish the first one, those Cerberus dogs really pissed me off and then other games came out :/

#17 Posted by Sooty (8082 posts) -

I don't like to outside the whole thing.

#18 Posted by pewpewlazer (56 posts) -

Would you wanna outside with me?

#19 Posted by xthemusic (38 posts) -

Do you like to outside, Brad?

#20 Posted by teh_destroyer (3556 posts) -
@mosdl said:
" @PainGod89 said:
"

"
There is a disc release... "
You just have to leave your lair.......
#21 Posted by Zvarri (123 posts) -

I outsided once, and all I was crabs.

#22 Posted by Elazul (1327 posts) -

I think Brad just accidentally a outside. Possibly even the whole thing.

#23 Posted by Egge (445 posts) -

To outside or not to outside, that is the question...

#24 Posted by Kierkegaard (556 posts) -

Since this is God of War, I'm just going to assume that outsiding is eviscerating, bringing intestines that were inside outside. Thinking as much makes all these comments better.  

Also, if this is, say, 20-30 bucks I will instantly buy it. my 120 gig needs some space filled. 

#25 Posted by Belmont_Shadow (174 posts) -

I got disc version months ago. Brilliant brilliant games. Easily some of the most entertaining action games released in the past 5 years though Gow3 was a bit of  a letdown.

#26 Posted by flannelbeard (126 posts) -

neat, although i have the disc already and already platinumed both of them.

#27 Posted by blaakmawf (542 posts) -

Yes! Bring on the PS2 re-releases on PSN.

#28 Posted by Digi7alS3lf (84 posts) -

If they don't sell those as a pack, i'd buy 2

#29 Posted by OllyOxenFree (4969 posts) -

I outside once.

Never again.

#30 Posted by ThePilgrums (417 posts) -

Release more PS2 games on PSN, please. I could go for Okami or the Kingdom Hearts games...

#31 Posted by cooljammer00 (1291 posts) -

Kratos is a cool guy.  Eh outsides and doesn't afraid of anything.

#32 Posted by Lingxor (419 posts) -

I outsided and then I was a zombie.

#33 Posted by noe (55 posts) -

I think I might try to outside today. Maybe, just maybe.

#34 Posted by Belmont_Shadow (174 posts) -
@ThePilgrums: 

I fucking second this. If you're gonna get rid of an abandon PS2 BC then re-release PS2 games. Even if it's on PSN and even if they are not redone for PS3 like gow or ico collection. Do something because i have a ton of Ps2 games i would love to play again but can't.
#35 Posted by Siphillis (1286 posts) -

Ordered my GOW Collection disc through eBay.  Suck it, Nicholson.

#36 Posted by Tebbit (4435 posts) -
@Elazul said:
" I think Brad just accidentally a outside. Possibly even the whole thing. "
Is that bad?
#37 Posted by Elazul (1327 posts) -
@Tebbit said:
" @Elazul said:
" I think Brad just accidentally a outside. Possibly even the whole thing. "
Is that bad? "
Well I'd probably wait at least twenty minutes before using the bathroom after he does, if I were you. Let's just leave it at that.
#38 Posted by Wrighteous86 (3642 posts) -

I, for one, look forward to a digital download-only future.

#39 Posted by InfamousBIG (3201 posts) -

Good, I don't wanna outside.

#40 Posted by GT-Man (118 posts) -

Can't wait to get it even though I beat GOW3 but can't wait for GOW4! :D
#41 Posted by jamaicanidler (45 posts) -

Woot I cannot wait to play these again! TROPHIES!!!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.