Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

God of War Collection

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Nov 17, 2009

A high definition re-release of God of War and God of War II for PlayStation 3.

Some more info on God of War Collection.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By mordukai

John Hight, the director of product development at SCE Santa Monica Studio, had an interview with IGN.com where he got to dish out some more on God of War Collection. He went into details about how this idea came to be, how the graphics are going to handled, why Chains of Olympus won't be included, and how the team are accomplishing this task. Here are just some of the points he talked about. For the full interview just click here.  

• Both games are a "port' (of sorts) and are not going to run on top of a PS2 emulator.
    • The code that will allow the games to run on a PS3 is being specifically develop for these games. 
    • The graphics will have 2X anti-aliasing.
    • In order to keep the experience pure, content from the first two games will not be removed but on the other hand no new content , like new levels or levels that did not make the cut the first time,  will be added. Still expect the Spinning Blade Pillars of Hell to be there.
    • All the extra content from the previous games, like the special features and the challenge rooms,  will be included.
    • Trophies will be separated by game but  since it's essentially two games on one disc, God of War Collection will probably be the first PS3 game to have two Platinums. 
    • The rumored God of War III demo will not be included with this collection.
    • This Collection's idea was something they were tinkering around with a year ago but it kind of "died on the vine" but due to the enormous amount of people that requested it, this project was brought back to life.

God of War 1&2 being brought to the PS3 in their entirety with refreshed graphics and trophies on top of that...What more can a God of War fan ask for. Maybe a naked Athena priestess but I doubt that.  

Update: According to the listing on Gamestop the release date for this collection is November 10th, sound familiar? 
    RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By RHCPfan24

I think this is a great idea. I would love to see more efforts into bringing back old games like this. MGS3 and Shadow of the Colussus are at the top of my list. But these features sound cool and I will surely pick this up if the rumored $40 price is true.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By mordukai
    @RHCPfan24: SCEA have said that the price is going to be $39.99.
    Akeldama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By Akeldama

wow   2X anti-aliasing and trophies? Sold.

KamasamaK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#5  Edited By KamasamaK
    @RHCPfan24 said:
    " I think this is a great idea. I would love to see more efforts into bringing back old games like this. MGS3 and Shadow of the Colussus are at the top of my list. But these features sound cool and I will surely pick this up if the rumored $40 price is true. "
    It's not a rumor. The $39.99 price is mentioned in the press release.
    mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By mordukai
    @Akeldama: I am glad to hear you'll be buying this. I really hope that people will buy this to make this venture profitable. If this is successful enough then you'll see other First Party developers doing the same to their old game. I would love to see ICO, SotC, Jak and Dexter, or Ratchet and Clack getting the same treatment.
    Akeldama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By Akeldama
    @Mordukai said:
    " @Akeldama: I am glad to hear you'll be buying this. I really hope that people will buy this to make this venture profitable. If this is successful enough then you'll see other First Party developers doing the same to their old game. I would love to see ICO, SotC, Jak and Dexter, or Ratchet and Clack getting the same treatment. "
    Amen dude. A polished up SotC is boner inspiring
    LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By LiquidPrince

Fantastic.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#9  Edited By ArbitraryWater

If I had a PS3 and liked the kind of game that God of War is, I would totally buy this. It seems like a good deal.

ThomasP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ThomasP

This is a great package for fans of the series or newcomers who are interested in playing God of War 3. I like it when collections of games are released at the retail price of one game. It's a win, win situation. GTA Trilogy, MGS: The Essential Collection, Metroid Prime Trilogy, Final Fantasy Chronicles... the list goes on and on.

Optiow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By Optiow

I think this is a good idea, and I am glad they are not adding to the games stuff that is already there. If I had a Ps3 I would definately buy this just to have GoW1, 2, and 3 on the same console.

ProjektGill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ProjektGill

It took me a second to realize that Modern Warfare 2 is coming out the same day which is what I think you are aluding to. But then again Brutal Legend and Uncharted 2 are also going head to head with the same release date.

PulledaBrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#13  Edited By PulledaBrad
    ZombieJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By ZombieJesus

Too bad its not coming out in Europe until 2010 
    KillaMaStA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15  Edited By KillaMaStA

Are there any screenshots of these new amazing graphics out there? Im kinda curious on how it compares to the ps2 version

JokerClown88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16  Edited By JokerClown88

As the collection that ultimatly sold me on  My shiny new PS3 Slim I will be getting this disk.    

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By mordukai
    @KillaMaStA said:
    " Are there any screenshots of these new amazing graphics out there? Im kinda curious on how it compares to the ps2 version "
    Not yet. But be sure that I will post them as soon as they pop up. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.