Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

God of War II

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Mar 13, 2007

God of War II continues the story of Kratos as he wields his newly-bestowed god-like powers, much to the dismay and fear of the other gods.

God of War 2 completed!

DanCarreras

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Edited By DanCarreras

My god that took some time!

Well there you go the second game is done and dusted, now to go into town in the morning and rent the final one to finish the story :D

And here’s my take on it:

Gameplay: Same old god of war, but with more weapons and concepts. Problem is I ended up never using any of these new weapons and techniques as I learnt from the first game that upgrading the blades of choas to the max results in a massive ass-whooping to any enemy that dares to come near me. Triangle was my biggest friend, and I never used anything else.

Story: Loving the story, I mean fair enough they don’t follow Greek mythology at all, but it’s still very compelling and great to watch. Its kept me involved all the way through and now I can’t wait to play GoW3. (Thankfully I didn’t play this game when it was first released so don’t have to go through the pain of waiting years for the third instalment to be released ;) )

Graphics: They really pushed this up to the absolute maximum the PS2 could handle, I mean the rendered everything (apart from a few cutscenes) in real time. Massive bosses, Titans, God’s, all gigantic with massive textures and lots of detail. I’m surprised something of this quality come out in the PS2 days. Overall astounding for the time without a doubt.

Loved this game from start to finish, and although I wouldn’t play through it again (want to see the story of all 3 rather then being obsessed with each one) I highly recommend it. 

Overall I would give this game a 8/10

DanCarreras

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By DanCarreras

My god that took some time!

Well there you go the second game is done and dusted, now to go into town in the morning and rent the final one to finish the story :D

And here’s my take on it:

Gameplay: Same old god of war, but with more weapons and concepts. Problem is I ended up never using any of these new weapons and techniques as I learnt from the first game that upgrading the blades of choas to the max results in a massive ass-whooping to any enemy that dares to come near me. Triangle was my biggest friend, and I never used anything else.

Story: Loving the story, I mean fair enough they don’t follow Greek mythology at all, but it’s still very compelling and great to watch. Its kept me involved all the way through and now I can’t wait to play GoW3. (Thankfully I didn’t play this game when it was first released so don’t have to go through the pain of waiting years for the third instalment to be released ;) )

Graphics: They really pushed this up to the absolute maximum the PS2 could handle, I mean the rendered everything (apart from a few cutscenes) in real time. Massive bosses, Titans, God’s, all gigantic with massive textures and lots of detail. I’m surprised something of this quality come out in the PS2 days. Overall astounding for the time without a doubt.

Loved this game from start to finish, and although I wouldn’t play through it again (want to see the story of all 3 rather then being obsessed with each one) I highly recommend it. 

Overall I would give this game a 8/10

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.