Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

God of War III

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Mar 16, 2010

God of War III puts players back in the role of Kratos to continue his brutal and bloody war against Olympus as he sets his sights on Zeus himself.

God of War franchise to receive the DC treatment.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By mordukai

IGN has reveled today that Sony and DC/Wildstorm has partnered together to create a six-part Mini Series based off of the God of War franchise, The series storyline will focus on Kratos' dark past. Award winning comic writer Mark Wolfman will be the master mind behind the writing. In an interview with IGN Mark Wolfmen said "God of War has been my favorite video game to play, both #1 and #2...it's because I loved the game that I wanted to do the comic". For the full interview just follow this link.

On a more personal note I am happy to see Sony starting to have some sort of marketing plans for one of my favorite game franchise. I am also very happy and excited that DC will behind the comic book series as they are by far my favorite of all the comic book publishers. I can't wait to get my hands on the first issue.

EDIT: I would also love to see an animated full feature movie to accompany the upcoming release of the game. 
    Avatar image for demonicpoetgamer
    DemonicPoetGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By DemonicPoetGamer

They are working on a live action film as of right now. Hopefully they pull it off. This is one of my fave series as well. I dont want it to be tainted by a bad movie
    WrenchNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

#3  Edited By WrenchNinja
    @Mordukai said:
    Award winning comic writer Marv Wolfman will be the master mind behind the writing. In an interview with IGN Mark Wolfmen said "God of War has been my favorite video game to play, both #1 and #2...it's because I loved the game that I wanted to do the comic". 
    Marv Wolfman hasn't written anything good since his New Teen Titan days. I think I'll pass on this.
    ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By ryanwho

Good writing would be off-theme in a GOW game, good choice.  Im surprised they didn't mention the artist considering the visual pop would be the only draw here.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By mordukai
    @DemonicPoetGamer: I hope the same to. At first Brett Ratner was suppose to be directing it which left me on the verge of tears, but not tears of sadness, I mean the tears yo get when you are so full of rage anger just won't cut it anymore. But eventually he dropped and every God of War fan breathed a sign of relief. 
    Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By mordukai
    @Linkyshinks:  Actually if look closely at the dates then you'll see that your thread is the one that is duplicate. but you already posted an apology on your OP so I can't really get mad...GRRRR...LOL... ;-).

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.