My friend and I went to Gamestop to retrive our GoW 3 copy but

#1 Edited by amir90 (2156 posts) -

It seems that we missed out on the release date, something we discovered while reading a magazine while waiting outside the store.
 Once we came inside the store, the worker asked us for the reason of our very early arrival, we answered "God Of War 3" of course, trying to play it cool.
He looked confused and checked his computer, and there it stood that we were 1 day to early, however, due to some "wrong" information on his pre-order recipt, he got the game today, as long as we didn't show it around in the city.

And so my friend played it for almost 6 hours straight, while me watching it, it truly looks epic.
I however don't own a ps3, so I can't really enjoy as my friend did.

Waiting for my cool story pictures now :D

edit: Sorry for the very bad grammar.

edit2: The release date in Norway was 17th of March, we got it on 16th of March.

#2 Posted by ThatFrood (3375 posts) -

That is pretty cool, lucky you!

#3 Posted by amir90 (2156 posts) -

It isn't made up A hole.
The release date in Norway is 3.17

The fact that you 
insinuate  that we all are americans shows how up tight you are.

#4 Posted by Rhaknar (5939 posts) -

who WATCHES someone play a game for 6 hours? >_>

#5 Posted by amir90 (2156 posts) -
@ThatFrood said:
" That is pretty cool, lucky you! "
Well to me it was a cinematic experience as I didn't got the chance to try it out :P
But my friend had tons of fun, thou 5-6 hours playing straight is tiredsome, even with this game :P
#6 Edited by sixpin (1291 posts) -
@amir90 said:

" It isn't made up A hole. The release date in Norway is 3.17  The fact that you  insinuate  that we all are americans shows how up tight you are. "

Name calling because he assumed that someone posting on a website based out of California that is maintained by American journalists is kinda silly and a little defensive. Not that calling you a liar was the right thing to do either... just saying.
#7 Posted by amir90 (2156 posts) -
@Rhaknar: Someone who rather do that, then studying for school :P

It was fun though.
He watched me play Dante's Inferno for a lot of hours, maybe not 6, but still.
#8 Posted by Yummylee (21615 posts) -
@amir90 said:
" @Rhaknar: Someone who rather do that, then studying for school :P  It was fun though. He watched me play Dante's Inferno for a lot of hours, maybe not 6, but still. "

lol....you pull the short straw? ;P
#9 Posted by amir90 (2156 posts) -
@sixpin: If he assumed, then the more appriopate sentence would be.

"It is probably just gamestop messed up again.
btw, wasen't the release date today? "

But then again, don't feed the trolls.
Also, sadly most famous game websites are american, however, I will start adding release date from now on.
#10 Edited by amir90 (2156 posts) -
@Abyssfull: 
nah, but I see your point ;)

btw, it took me this game to realise how Dante's inferno is not just like GOW , it is a direct copy of it.
I haven't seen or played GoW since today.
Was fun to watch, I often was like : "hey, I could do that in DI".
#11 Posted by End_Boss (3220 posts) -
@sixpin said:
"Name calling because he assumed that someone posting on a website based out of California that is maintained by American journalists is kinda silly and a little defensive. Not that calling you a liar was the right thing to do either... just saying."
Actually, Giant Bomb is pretty multicultural, and noticeably so. Methinks the guy bashing the OP just wanted cool points for getting a "zinger" in.

Man, backfiring's a bitch.
#12 Posted by sixpin (1291 posts) -
@End_Boss: I am aware that there are people outside of the US that come here, but the majority are most likely American. Not being privy to any actual numbers, it is just an assumption on my part. But yeah, I'm sure he just wanted to be a jerk to a stranger on the internet.
#13 Posted by CptChiken (1987 posts) -
@amir90: your grammar is on par with a 5 year old's... a retarded 5 year old's
#14 Posted by arab_prince (2053 posts) -

Yeah, that was a lame attempt. but thats cool u got it. i sometimes had friends watch me playing a single palyer game. it may seem weird at first but its fun havin someone there with ya, makin jokes and what not.

#15 Posted by Nasar7 (2662 posts) -
@Rhaknar said:
" who WATCHES someone play a game for 6 hours? >_> "
My cousin and I would trade off playing Morrowind for 4 hours at a time. It was fun just to watch the other play because we each had such different playstyles. Being an open-world WRPG makes it a different beast, of course.
#16 Posted by amir90 (2156 posts) -
@CptChiken said:
" @amir90: your grammar is on par with a 5 year old's... a retarded 5 year old's "
Why did you pick the age of a 5 year old?
Just curious..

You see guys, it is fun watching others play, because if I don't watch others, how can I expect others to watch me play?
We pretty much all do it with Quicklooks, gameplay movies etc.
#17 Posted by alternate (2702 posts) -
@Rhaknar said:
" who WATCHES someone play a game for 6 hours? >_> "
*cough* Endurance Run.
#18 Posted by amir90 (2156 posts) -
@arab_prince: 
lame as in story telling, or lame of us to try to buy a game before the release date? :P

Just asking, because I am truly trying to improve my "internet English".
Damn keyboards, they have made me lazy :(
#19 Posted by SPACETURTLE (1622 posts) -
@CptChiken said:
" @amir90: your grammar is on par with a 5 year old's... a retarded 5 year old's "
Dude... Why are you being so mean? 

Oh, and about where in the kingdom of God many of the members of this site come from... England? I donno, just guessing. Since I know there are many British dudes around here. Still, there is probably most Americans. I'm neither though
#20 Posted by CptChiken (1987 posts) -
@SPACETURTLE: because i was beaten as a child
#21 Posted by Th3_James (2578 posts) -

Well, cooo stooori bra

#22 Posted by arab_prince (2053 posts) -
@amir90: i meant lame towards seniorbonerpants for trying to insult you. your grammar is fine, dont listen to people
#23 Posted by Icemael (6320 posts) -

The exact same thing happened to me, only I'm Swedish, not Norwegian.

#24 Posted by amir90 (2156 posts) -
@arab_prince: ok, I just reacted in such a way because I have had a personal experience where someone said my English was at the level of a 5 year old, but never mind.

@Icemael:
Cool to hear, though I want to check upon the Gamestop guy, I really don't want him to get in trouble because of this, after all it is just a game.

@Th3_James:
Where is my  cool story bro image?
You disappoint me :(
#25 Posted by keyhunter (3207 posts) -

More Canadians I'd say.

#26 Edited by Icemael (6320 posts) -
@amir90 said:

"@Icemael:
Cool to hear, though I want to check upon the Gamestop guy, I really don't want him to get in trouble because of this, after all it is just a game."

I really doubt he'll get in trouble for selling one copy of the game one day early. Especially seeing as your friend's pre-order receipt listed the release date as March 16th.
#27 Posted by Shadow (4979 posts) -

I got mine last night at that establishment

#28 Posted by scarace360 (4828 posts) -

um dude the release date was on Tuesday and they had midnight launches over where o am so your  gamestop is homosexual.

#29 Posted by Th3_James (2578 posts) -
#30 Posted by TheHBK (5482 posts) -
@amir90 said:
" It isn't made up A hole. The release date in Norway is 3.17  The fact that you  insinuate  that we all are americans shows how up tight you are. "
LOL.  I was looking for an explanation.  You could let everyone else on that because the Brits would wonder why you would get it 3 days before they do.  Anyway, I would like to say that your friend is a piece of shit and hope he chokes on whatever dick he was sucking on while playing the game.  Why would I say this?  Well from what I read, it seems that you only got to watch him play and may never play the game because for some reason it doesn't occur to him to hand over the controller so you can play as well.
#31 Posted by GetEveryone (4455 posts) -
@CptChiken: Considering its his second language, I'd say he's doing pretty well. Do you have the linguistical skills to formulate any kind of sentence in Norwegian?

Obnoxious cunt.
#32 Posted by CptChiken (1987 posts) -
@GetEveryone: obnoxious was the wrong word to use there, good effort though :)
#33 Posted by amir90 (2156 posts) -
@scarace360: Don't all countries have some sort of mandatory rule when it comes to reading skills?
The release in Norway is 17th of March, we got it 16th of March, meaning we got it one day before the actual release date?
Am I right?

@TheHBK:
Wait a minute, it wasn't you who said it, do you have 2 accounts or something?
I can't wait to show your comment to my friend, do you really think I wouldn't ask him if I wanted to play? :P
But good to see someone is reading the whole thing ;)

@CptChiken:
So you basically reacted to obnoxious, but not cunt?
Bravo Sir!

@Th3_James:
Right click > save to desktop

#34 Posted by GetEveryone (4455 posts) -
@CptChiken: No, friend, I am a 3rd year EngLiterature student. Obnoxious most certianly sums you up.

ob·nox·ious   (b-nkshs, b-)adj.1. Very annoying or objectionable; offensive or odious.
#35 Posted by amir90 (2156 posts) -
@GetEveryone: 
Becoming teacher or Journalist?
Or something else?
#36 Posted by GetEveryone (4455 posts) -
@amir90: At this point I have absolutely no idea. Thought about applying to the Royal Marine Commandos though, which is about as far from where my degree should take me as I can imagine.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.