If you got more than one, definitely post it. My two favorite had to be Hades and Hercules. Zeus was really disappointing. I didn't know I was playing Street Fighter. Lol. Hermes was also pretty disappointing.
What was your favorite boss battle?
" @Akeldama: Chronos was good, but I don't know. When you repeatedly smash Hercules's face in, you can't help but say "Wow.... how freakin' awesome." "what? Smashing someone's face in was more impressive to you than climbing and slaying Chronos? Did you play God of War 1?
Hades was the best boss battle in terms of mechanics. While Poseidon on top of Gaia had the largest wow factor.
Hermes was fucking annoying. And the first part of the Zeus battle was terrible, and by the time I finally beat it and got to the next part of the battle I felt like I forgot how to play. Which then took me a while and left me with a sour taste in my mouth.
Also, the end of the game felt like some anime/JRPG freak's opinion was taken too seriously from the Zeus fight onward. And did the REALLY have to use the "'Max Payne' Trail of Psychological Problems" in the end? It didn't make sense in Max Payne, and it will never be executed well in any other game no matter how much developers try.
Based of Titan Mode which imo is the way to play this game for a more than just button-mashing experience.
1. Poseidon, after completing the game on normal and wasn't sure what to expect in Titan mode - I was raped a good amount of times just on the first segement of this boss. A great boss in scale and movements.
2.. Hades - Thank god I did this on normal first to get a feel of the mechanics, otherwise I could've seen myself spending hours on this encounter on Titan-Mode. Nice use of mechanics in this fight as well.
3.. Cronos - This is more up here due to the scale of the fight. The scale is what makes this fight. Nothing hard or challenging, but the visuals and scope are what this memorable.
4. The Scorpion boss - honestly fuck this boss. The randomness of the big ass tail swipe hit that does huge amount of damage was retarded. While you can throw the scropion adds for infinite health, it was very tedious. Besides those parts, this was a cool boss that could've been higher.
5. Hercules - Decent fight with a simple mechanic, nice scope and presentation but pretty standard fare compared to others imo.
6. Zeus - The 2D fight was ok, pretty easy and standard fare - the final fight was pretty easy. Sucks it had to end this way, but the early and higher ranked fights are all incredible.
7. Helios - A boss fight where its the pre-fighting is the actual event. Not bad but again compared to others, nothing great.
8. Hermes - Nice fast paced pre-boss action, but the actual boss fight was underwhelming only to have it servicable after the death scene
Such a brutal game, but the remorselessness while beating in Hercules' face was shocking and memorable.
Not sure it matches the overall battle with Cronos, though. The minute he tossed Kratos down his gullet, I cringed at the thought of how he might escape. My guess? Back door.
This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.
Comment and Save
Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.