God of War 4 trailer leaked: Titled God of War: Ascension

#1 Edited by LeeroyPinkerton (64 posts) -
#2 Posted by Brother_PipPop (252 posts) -

That's a title..

#3 Posted by Zacagawea (1581 posts) -

Didn't really need another one of these...

#4 Posted by beanman25 (41 posts) -

YES!! Good find, that gave me goosebumps!

#5 Posted by LeeroyPinkerton (64 posts) -

@Zacagawea: Shoot it was already posted? Sorry guys. :(

#6 Posted by SethPhotopoulos (5103 posts) -

I was hoping for another mythology instead of a prequel but ok.

#7 Posted by Radar (887 posts) -

Ughhh. This will be the 6th Kratos God of War game I will play through on the PS3....

#8 Edited by SlightConfuse (3963 posts) -

hoping for something that was not a prequel but am interested to hear more. the God of war should be used a brand not just more kratos

also in case that gets taken down kotaku has a trailer as well

#9 Edited by Zacagawea (1581 posts) -

@LeeroyPinkerton said:

Nah, I just really don't want/care for another God of War.

#10 Posted by Vegetable_Side_Dish (1724 posts) -

Yes. Yesss.

#11 Edited by Sackmanjones (4652 posts) -

Well I do enjoy God of War, didn't grab that psp hd thing. Ok sure I'll have some more. 

Also I was totally expecting this to look fake but that is definitely not the case.

#12 Posted by NegativeCero (2976 posts) -

I think they should drop Kratos for someone new. Or better yet, make a totally different from the standard GoW. Or what @SethPhotopoulos: said.

#13 Posted by LeeroyPinkerton (64 posts) -

@LeeroyPinkerton said:

Nah, I just really don't want/care for another God of War.

Oh, understandable. :p

#14 Posted by AlisterCat (5481 posts) -

I will buy this.

#15 Posted by Ares42 (2573 posts) -

ehm.. I don't get it... unless they're doing some pretty heavy changes a prequel just makes no sense. I mean, sure they can do the story that's already been told through cutscenes in GoW1, but there's not really anything new and exciting happening there. And if they do anything before that the entire chain-blade mechanic is gone. Also, going back to not having icarus wings or the sword of olympus would also mean big changes to game-play. And how on earth are they gonna top the boss-battles from GoW3 if Kratos is even less powerful than he was at the start of GoW1 ?

#16 Posted by RadBadger (64 posts) -

Coming soon to a 3DS near you!

Seriously, though - I'm glad they didn't go with Revelations.

#17 Posted by RE_Player1 (7549 posts) -

I fucking love God of War and the Kratos character but this is too much. It's done.

#18 Posted by Sackmanjones (4652 posts) -

Wait, will there be boobs and a sex scene I hear in the background? If the answer to this is no IM OUT!

#19 Posted by TentPole (1858 posts) -

@Zacagawea said:

Didn't really need another one of these...

Well I sure as fuck did.

#20 Edited by Vonocourt (2116 posts) -

Be interesting to see what Kratos' character arc will be, cause after at least four games(never did finish Chains of Olympus) his character seems kind of spent...and he never really progressed that much to be honest. Even with the constant terribleness he went through and incited.

#21 Posted by AltonBrown (948 posts) -

You guys know what would be awesome?

Bayonetta 2.

#22 Posted by Akrid (1356 posts) -

Kratos again? Boooooring. They claim it's when he wasn't angry, but he looked plenty angry to me!

#23 Posted by Pr1mus (3808 posts) -

@Vonocourt said:

Be interesting to see how what Kratos' character arc will be, cause after at least four games(never did finish Chains of Olympus) his character seems kind of spent...and he never really progressed that much to be honest.

Get ready for a lot more GoW. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/K%C3%BCbler-Ross_model#Stages

After 5 games Kratos is still only at stage 2, anger.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.