Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

God of War

Franchise »

The God of War franchise is a series of action-adventure games available on Sony PlayStation consoles. It chronicles the exploits of the anti-hero Kratos and his quest for revenge on the Greek Gods for the death of his family.

Pitch your next God of War game in a new universe or setting

psylah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

I am thinking:

Astrology: Fighting the signs of the Zodiac! The giant crab! The Pisces fish things! The ram! This can go through pagan mythology or maybe the chinese zodiac, there's got to be some crazy stuff there. Fighting may or may not take place in space. You get it on with the Pisces twins.

Speaking of space...

1950's era space fiction: Kratos in one of those fish-globe looking space helmets, fighting martians with their ray guns on mars, or climbing up the side of a giant GORT. The last boss is Marvin the Martian, whom you fight on top of the Cydonia face. You get it on with a hot martian lady but it turns out she is Bugs Bunny in drag.

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The stale part about God of War is the design and gameplay which hasn't really changed at all since the first game. I think Greek mythology has plenty of potential for more stories and experiences, but the God of War template is the thing that has to change.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#3  Edited By BeachThunder

How about a game where you play as one of the four horsemen of the apocalypse...

But seriously, maybe something based on Chinese mythology.

darkvare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By darkvare

i go with egyptian mythology cause they have all those awesome pyramids, tons of cool looking gods and strange death rituals

mtcantor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Norse. So much to do there. Give me Norse mythology.

EXTomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By EXTomar

My nordic ancestry recommends: Vikings and Norse Mythology.

Avatar image for sathingtonwaltz
    SathingtonWaltz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

South American mythology would be cool as shit. Egyptian mythology would be awesome as well.

cheesebob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Tom and Jerry or WW II.

SathingtonWaltz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The stale part about God of War is the design and gameplay which hasn't really changed at all since the first game. I think Greek mythology has plenty of potential for more stories and experiences, but the God of War template is the thing that has to change.

It's funny that you say this with a Legend of Zelda avatar! Sounds like you'd rather see a new IP altogether rather than another GOW game. I think a reboot / change of setting would be refreshing enough for the series as I've never complained about it's combat mechanics. The only thing I'd like to see changed up is less reliance on QTE's and a more... likable protagonist.

psylah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tom and Jerry or WW II.

I like this.

Does Kratos get it on with Mammy Two Shoes?

No Caption Provided

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@psylah said:

@blu3v3nom07 said:

Tom and Jerry or WW II.

I like this.

Does Kratos get it on with Mammy Two Shoes?

No Caption Provided

Hahahaha! Yes! "Oh, Tom!" ~ You fight a 40 ft dog boss. Jerrys' a bad ass.

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
    MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By MariachiMacabre

My Norse ancestors deserve representation. They were the very definition of the warmonger culture. They were so brutal that the Catholic Church listed "Northmen" above Satan in their list of things Catholics should fear. And Ragnarok would make the perfect setting for the final game.

D_Bones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They could pretty much do a more violent version of American Gods. ODDDDIIIINNNN!!!!

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By ll_Exile_ll

@sathingtonwaltz said:

@ll_exile_ll said:

It's funny that you say this with a Legend of Zelda avatar! Sounds like you'd rather see a new IP altogether rather than another GOW game. I think a reboot / change of setting would be refreshing enough for the series as I've never complained about it's combat mechanics. The only thing I'd like to see changed up is less reliance on QTE's and a more... likable protagonist.

So, because of an avatar I chose years ago and never bothered to change I can't have an opinion about something completely unrelated? You can disagree with me all you want, but don't try to discredit me with entirely pointless "evidence", and nothing is more pointless to the topic at hand than what I happened to choose as my avatar.

And to be clear, I've liked all the God of War games, but playing 1-3 again fairly recently back to back to back really illustrates how they are essentially the same exact game, far more so than any two Zelda games. The Zelda series has its own issues with regards to stale design, but that really isn't relevant to this discussion.

SathingtonWaltz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By SathingtonWaltz

@ll_exile_ll said:

@sathingtonwaltz said:

@ll_exile_ll said:

So, because of an avatar I chose years ago and never bothered to change I can't have an opinion about something completely unrelated? You can disagree with me all you want, but don't try to discredit me with entirely pointless "evidence", and nothing is more pointless to the topic at hand than what I happened to choose as my avatar.

And to be clear, I've liked all the God of War games, but playing 1-3 again fairly recently back to back to back really illustrates how they are essentially the same exact game, far more so than any two Zelda games. The Zelda series has its own issues with regards to stale design, but that really isn't relevant this discussion.

I wasn't being really serious about the avatar thing, I actually love the Zelda series (my avatar, look at it). I see what you're saying though, I guess they've all been good enough to the point where I'm not complaining all that much. Like I said I think a change of setting and a new protagonist / story would freshen the series right up along with a few other game play tweaks. Sorry for coming across as a prick, I was trying to be snarky and failed miserably.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

I like the "God of War in space" idea.

wrighteous86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

New Testament God versus Old Testament God. The battle to end all battles!

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By mrfluke

have athena open a rift to another dimension that has another mythology of gods in which she gets help from to take over earth, and then kratos will chase after her as at the end of 3 he wanted to kill athena

boom theres all the justification you need for another set of awesome god of war games in a different setting with kratos.

psylah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By psylah

@mrfluke said:

have athena open a rift to another dimension that has another mythology of gods in which she gets help from to take over earth, and then kratos will chase after her as at the end of 3 he wanted to kill athena

boom theres all the justification you need for another set of awesome god of war games in a different setting with kratos.

She opens the rift and then JABBERJAW STICKS HIS HEAD THROUGH

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

Norse or Egypt. Both could yield some really crazy stuff. Also ditch Kratos, I love its insane rage but I would like to see them try a different character.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Norse, new hero and setting, still god of war because there were other god of wars.

Even a game based on Ares would be interesting, he was the god of war you know

MarkWahlberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By MarkWahlberg

You play as the Roman God of War who has to kill Kratos so that the Roman versions of all the Greek gods can take over.

But seriously, mythology is awesome, why do we have to waste any more time dealing with some asshole who wants to kill it.

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By mrfluke

@psylah said:

@mrfluke said:

athena gets help from classic cartoons and then kratos has to fight old hanna barbera cartoons to get to athena (with jabberjaw being the hanna barbera's version of Poseidon)

i like it!

Morbid_Coffee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Morbid_Coffee

God of War but in the Animus so current Kratos is playing as like Grandpa Kratos.

psylah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrfluke said:

@psylah said:

@mrfluke said:

athena gets help from classic cartoons and then kratos has to fight old hanna barbera cartoons to get to athena (with jabberjaw being the hanna barbera's version of Poseidon)

i like it!

Kratos and Velma get it on.

Nictel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#27  Edited By Nictel

Oh man Tom & Jerry, that would be awesome. And here I wanted to say silly things like Norse Mythology and Egyptian Mythology as a possibility.

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By mrfluke

@psylah said:

@mrfluke said:

@psylah said:

@mrfluke said:

i like it!

and then by the end of the trilogy he gets it on with josie and the pussycats :P

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

It should be called Gods of War and have all the violent/war gods from different religions coming together to destroy their wussy counterparts.

This way we can have a co-op component where Ares throws Indra off his shoulders into a somersault kick and other shit like that.

In this game humans are just the health orbs you pick up or ammunition for your god guns.

psylah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrfluke said:

@psylah said:

@mrfluke said:

@psylah said:

@mrfluke said:

i like it!

and then by the end of the trilogy he gets it on with josie and the pussycats :P

Morocco Mole takes over the role of Gaia as the narrator.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

God of War - Third World War Edition. Kratos Goes Nuclear!

Thank you!

coakroach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The real problem with God of War was that you eventually ran out of gods to kill.

If you go with Hinduism you'll probably never run out.

Tylea002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#33  Edited By Tylea002

Clearly the only option for the next game is someone taking revenge for events in the first games, and has to kill Kratos.

Maybe he can be Jesus.

Mr_Skeleton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

Kratos in the Mass Effect universe kicking ass with Shepard and Mario.

tourgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#35  Edited By tourgen

God of War: Metal Gear the Revengencing God Is Dead Edition

It's a turned based strategy game that primarily consists of balancing the books of a PMC thru quicktime events. something something nanotech is your new god.

thebunnyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#36  Edited By thebunnyhunter

With most of the Olympians being dead other myths travel to Greece to fill the void. They do something to piss of dead Kratos and then Kratos takes his never ending vengeance. After the opening the other gods retreat and then it becomes like MegaMan, you select the stage you want to do next: Norse, Egyptian, Hindu, what ever your fancy is. When you beat the boss you get a special weapon which can be used in other areas to unlock secrets. And it all ends with all the myths dead and forgotten

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#37  Edited By crusader8463

Set it in Warhammer. Would like to see Kratos get his ass handed to him when tries to take on the Chaos gods. Though Khorne would probably just try to invite him into the fold. I think those guys would get along.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.