Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

GOG.com

Concept »

A digital distribution platform that focuses on providing DRM-free computer games, both old and new.

GoodOldGames.com

• 56 results
    Avatar image for wintersnowblind
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#51  Edited By WinterSnowblind

I own quite a few games on GoG, it's a pretty amazing service. Their sales are good and they handout free games quite regularly too (although I think nearly every one has been something I already own). There are even a couple of games I bought on there, despite the fact I already own them. Having a digital version of Neverwinter Nights is so much easier than installing it through 7 CD's and 3 serial keys.

Plus being 100% DRM free is something no other games provider can claim.

deerokus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#52  Edited By deerokus

@SomeDeliCook said:

@BBQBram said:

So I just joined gog.com and bought Little Big Adventure (or Relentless in the US) much to the excitement of my inner 8-year-old. Everything about the site seems amazingly well done and customer friendly, from the DRM-free games to the installer, support and community. Any other users on here? Let's recommend each other some games. I've already got my eyes set on Deus Ex and hoping they add System Shock soon. Yes I sound like a viral marketer, but it's that good. Check it out.

Your viral marketing is better than GOG's previous marketing attempt.

The only, ONLY thing that weirds me out about GOG is that Witcher 2 is on there, only because it had a pre order for it for so long. I don't really mind it being on there, it just always looks weird to see it being the only recent game. (And now Legends of Grimrock, but thats a pretty old school game from what I can tell)

I really really like GOG though

They're going to have more recent games on there from now on. The developers of the Witcher games own GOG, of course, which is my they sell it.

Contrarian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#53  Edited By Contrarian

Being somone who really doesn't care for Steam, GoG really looks good. I signed up and think I will make some use of it into the future.

Avatar image for a_cute_squirtle
    A_Cute_Squirtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#54  Edited By A_Cute_Squirtle

Does GOG solve the problem that has struck my older game purchases on steam? I'm running a Windows 7 64, and despite DOS being used when I try to play games like Fallout 1-2, or the old Jedi Knight games, the colors are still riddled with issues.

WickedCobra03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

#55  Edited By WickedCobra03

Yeah, I have bought a bunch of games there. My best find is getting the original Witcher last year for like $4.99. Awesome deal for a completely awesome game!

selbie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By selbie

@A_Cute_Squirtle said:

Does GOG solve the problem that has struck my older game purchases on steam? I'm running a Windows 7 64, and despite DOS being used when I try to play games like Fallout 1-2, or the old Jedi Knight games, the colors are still riddled with issues.

There are occasional bugs with new OSs but there is usually a solution posted in the GOG forums. Most of the time it's as simple as running the shortcut as an administrator.

Jumanji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Jumanji

I love GoG... I am happy that the internet appears to have gotten over its resentment over their dumbass "we're going out of business zz ;_;" ploy from a year or two back.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.