Tyrian 2000 Free on Good Old Games

Posted by mzuckerm (351 posts) -

It was already free (but required DosBOX) but now you can just download it on Good Old Games.  It's a really well made top-down shooter in the vein of Raptor: Call of the Shadows that I loved when I was in high school.  Get it!

#1 Posted by mzuckerm (351 posts) -

It was already free (but required DosBOX) but now you can just download it on Good Old Games.  It's a really well made top-down shooter in the vein of Raptor: Call of the Shadows that I loved when I was in high school.  Get it!

#2 Edited by HarlequinRiot (1098 posts) -

Wow, you just reminded me of Raptor. I had that game as a kid , finding it on some demo disc/ shareware collection. I played it all the time. Man, this and finally remembering what Megarace was called have me feeling really nostalgic for old PC games.   

Thanks!

#3 Posted by Sargus (726 posts) -

Wow, that really is a "Good Old Game" as far as I'm concerned. I played a TON of it when I was younger. I came with the first PC I ever owned.

#4 Posted by mzuckerm (351 posts) -
@HarlequinRiot: Oh man, I had totally forgotten about Megarace!  I played that game a lot early in high school, probably haven't thought about it in 10 years.  Good times....

@Sargus: Yeah, I only had the shareware version, but I must have beaten that 20 times.  Plus, the multiplayer was pretty fun then too....  Can't remember if it was back on my 486 or my first Pentium computer, but it was a while ago....
#5 Posted by HarlequinRiot (1098 posts) -
@mzuckerm: I never even realized the game had multiplayer, ha. I don't think I ever noticed/tried that.  

So thanks to DOSBox, I'll be able to fire up Raptor again...not good for finals week. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.