Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

GOG.com

Concept »

A digital distribution platform that focuses on providing DRM-free computer games, both old and new.

Why are there no ZeniMax games?

Otogi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Otogi

With the loss of the first three Fallout games on GOG because of legal problems, it made me wonder about the fate of those games to purchase on GOG. This led me to wonder about something else that had been bothering me for a long time: why aren't any other properties owned by ZeniMax on there? Why aren't the older Elder Scrolls games on there? Why aren't id games like Doom, Quake and Wolfenstein on there? Those games fit that website, they're what I think of when good old games (even if that's not the moniker anymore).

I can see ton of reasons why ZeniMax wouldn't (just like I can see why Disney wouldn't put up the old Lucas arts games), but is there anywhere I can find the given reason for why they aren't from them, GOG or somebody else?

korwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Presumably because Zenimax/Bethesda haven't approached CDPR/GOG about listing their catalogue on there. Also it might be trickier going forward since they've been moving into Steamworks for their newer titles with New Vegas and Skyrim.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.