Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Golden Sun: Dark Dawn

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Nov 29, 2010

Golden Sun returns on the Nintendo DS, starring the descendants of the original game's protagonists. It is the first entry on the DS, and the first in full 3D. It was released in Japan on October 28, 2010 and in North America on November 29, 2010.

Anybody Bother Swapping Out Team Members? (Minor Spoilers)

Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By Afroman269

Just reached the part of the game where you pick up the second extra team member (Sveta). Anybody using any of the extra guys instead of the original team? So far I have just sticked with staying with my original dudes, kinda tempted to swap for Sveta. Feel free to list your current team. 

xaLieNxGrEyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By xaLieNxGrEyx

THERE'S MORE THAN FOUR CHARACTERS IN A GOLDEN SUN?!?!!??!!?
    Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Afroman269
    @xaLieNxGrEyx:

RoxasXIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By RoxasXIII
    @Afroman269: I just stuck with the four main characters cause I just didn't care for the others as much. But in the end it's really just a matter of opinion, so what I say probably doesn't matter haha!
    yoshimitz707

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#5  Edited By yoshimitz707

Actually it's not just a matter of opinion. Some characters are just better than others. Like take Rief for example, he sucks and should be replaced as soon as possible.

Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Afroman269
    @yoshimitz707: Ya I made the mistake of hesitating when I got Amiti so now it's too late to switch out Rief.  

@RoxasXIII: I notice some of the new dudes are pretty strong though, I guess it's all about what level your guys are at, at the time you pick up the new ones.
    MisterChief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By MisterChief

I replaced Rief straight away. In the lost age I cycled everyone so that they were around the same level but I can't be bothered with that sort of thing nowadays.

Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Afroman269
    @yoshimitz707 Ok thanks, I'll be sure to get rid of Rief then.
    ch13696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#9  Edited By ch13696

I'm keeping the same people. It doesn't matter much to me because they all level if they're in the party or not. People say Rief is weak, but I'm sure he has some strong points. He has to.

Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Afroman269
    @ch13696: He's up to lvl 25 in my game, dude is just ok now because of the fancy weapons and armor. I think Amiti has so much more potential so I'm probably going to switch them and lvl up Amiti like a madman.
    AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 31

#11  Edited By AgentJ

I really didn't like any of the second set (other than Amiti) until I started using them. By the way, Sveta has some of the coolest tricks in the game, including her "transformation" psynergy. She is totally worth using, whether its at the expense of your other wind user or someone else. Because having one of each honestly isn't that important. 

RoxasXIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By RoxasXIII
    @Afroman269: I only say it's a matter of opinion because I didn't think the game was very hard. The guy who said Rief sucks could be right, but I just used him cause I liked using the warriors of vale's children. I mean, I didn't die once during the whole game so I don't think that some characters suck more than others, just a matter of opinion.
    Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Afroman269
    @AgentJ: I was going to use her but she left my party, I'll use her when I get her back. Also what was your party then if you didn't have one of each element?

@RoxasXIII: I haven't died yet either, which brings me to one of my complaints of the game being a little too easy.
    AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By AgentJ
    @Afroman269 said:
    " @AgentJ: I was going to use her but she left my party, I'll use her when I get her back. Also what was your party then if you didn't have one of each element?

@RoxasXIII: I haven't died yet either, which brings me to one of my complaints of the game being a little too easy. "
    The game is undoubtedly too easy, and I wish they would have had a "veterans mode" or something, but that doesn't take away from the strongest nostalgia trip I've ever had. The game is giving me all sorts of pleasure. 
    RoxasXIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By RoxasXIII
    @Afroman269: Yeah it's a little unfortunate that it's so easy, I literally beat all the random encounters by just mashing the regular attack button. I only needed to heal my guys maybe once a for any boss fight til the last boss. He actually kinda gave me a run for my money. Don't get me wrong I loved it, but I think you get what I mean. 

@AgentJ: Yeah dude, playing this game made me happy for every second I was in it. Man have I missed Golden Sun!
    AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By AgentJ

Final time: roughly 36 hours, after beating the toughest boss in the game (spoiler: it's not the "final boss")

damswedon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#17  Edited By damswedon

I swapped out Rief for Amiti as soon as I could. But that was out of the personal preference because Rief is a girls blouse. 
    I beat the main game in about 27 hours. 
    I don't think the game is less easy than the older ones. If you walked in those you were able to rip people up and I didn't play through the game with all my Djinn on standby like I did when they first came out.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.