Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Golden Sun: Dark Dawn

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Nov 29, 2010

Golden Sun returns on the Nintendo DS, starring the descendants of the original game's protagonists. It is the first entry on the DS, and the first in full 3D. It was released in Japan on October 28, 2010 and in North America on November 29, 2010.

Save game Crossover from previous titles?

king_wil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By king_wil

Can anyone confirm if it has or doesn't have save game carry over from the second GBA game, as i played the first one to completion, then carried on with Isaac's party having a total stat and item and even money and djinn carry over in the 2nd after inputting a 256 digit code!

I'd love to carry on the same way again for the 3rd game, as there is already games with the ability to give you extra stuff for having the previous GBA game cart in the slot 2 of the DS.

But i couldn't beat the last boss of THe Lost Age so i'd have to go back, grind and beat it 1st. Still want to though :D
    Otherwise, i'll just start the new one when i get it and rename my characters to what i had them as so it at least feels like a continuation...

ESREVER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#2  Edited By ESREVER

I would also like to know this.

mesoian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By mesoian

My sources tell me it does not.

nexas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By nexas

It doesn't.

eqaddictedfool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By eqaddictedfool

yea ive been playing it and have not seen anything for it. Not sure where that would fit in here anyways. You dont play as isaac or any of the original cast.
    DeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By DeF

it would be cool but it would also be unfair to those people who only have a DSi oder DSiXL or will own only a 3DS next year.

Since the DS / DSLite is no longer the main model it wouldn't make sense to include a feature like this which can only be accessed by a limited audience (although every person on this earth seems to have already bought 15 DSes^^

Also, I think they would've promoted this aspect. Since you don't play as any of the old characters I don't really see the point anyway. It would make more sense to do this with a 3DS version of a Golden Sun 4

king_wil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By king_wil
    @DeF said:
    " it would also be unfair to those people who only have a DSi oder DSiXL or will own only a 3DS next year.   "

good point i forgot the DSi doesn't have a GBA slot 2 as i only have a launch DS and a red Lite.

shame really but at least i can start it without having to gio back and try to finish the 2nd game now. Would have been nice for say, Isaac to give you a key to a vault containing all your items from the previous games or something. Plus i had all 72 Djinn.....
    Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @King_wiL said:
    " @DeF said:
    " it would also be unfair to those people who only have a DSi oder DSiXL or will own only a 3DS next year.   "
     good point i forgot the DSi doesn't have a GBA slot 2 as i only have a launch DS and a red Lite.  shame really but at least i can start it without having to gio back and try to finish the 2nd game now. Would have been nice for say, Isaac to give you a key to a vault containing all your items from the previous games or something. Plus i had all 72 Djinn..... "
    I doubt it. 
    Avatar image for wintersnowblind
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By WinterSnowblind

Carrying over the Djinn and everything would have been crazy, but it would have been nice to have gotten some kind of prize for owning the previous games. 
    But I never expected it to happen.
    DeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By DeF

I think it's also nice to just get some NEW stuff :)

DeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By DeF
    @1up.com said:

"1UP: The ability to carry over progress from the first game to the second via password was a big part of The Lost Age's appeal. Can we expect to see some sort of similar incentive to finish Dark Dawn?

Hiroyuki Takahashi: We didn’t add that feature – not because we abandoned series fans at all, but because the story took place years after the previous title, so there would be no real benefit for the player."
    nick_verissimo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#12  Edited By nick_verissimo

Totally would have been awesome to do that, because those two Golden Sun games were my absolute favourite things to play growing up.  I beat both games multiple times, had all the djinn, but it'd make no sense to do it unless it was for the sake of giving a special item or something.

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By WinterSnowblind
    @DeF said:
    " I think it's also nice to just get some NEW stuff :) "
    Don't get me wrong, I'm thrilled to finally get a sequel after all those years of rumours of the Gamecube title that never happened..
    But again, it didn't need to be anything big.  Just some sort of acknowledgement that you've played the previous games would have been cool.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.