Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

GoldenEye 007 Reloaded

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Nov 01, 2011

GoldenEye 007: Reloaded is a first-person shooter for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 based on the 2010 Nintendo Wii shooter GoldenEye 007, which is based on the 1997 Nintendo 64 shooter of the same name, which is based on the 1995 James Bond movie GoldenEye.

Anyone buying Goldeneye reloaded tomorrow.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By falserelic

I was thinking about picking this game up. Looks like it might be fun. What about you guys are you buying it tomorrow?

ahgunsillyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By ahgunsillyo

Nope. But I am buying Uncharted.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#3  Edited By MooseyMcMan

Is Pierce Brosnan in it? No? Get back to me when they get the guy who was in the movie it's based on.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By falserelic

I heard the original goldeneye was one of the best first person shooters ever made. I always wanted to play the original goldeneye. But I only owned a playstation at the time.

apathylad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By apathylad

No, because I already own the Wii version.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By NTM

@falserelic said:

I heard the original goldeneye was one of the best first person shooters ever made. I always wanted to play the original goldeneye. But I only owned a playstation at the time.

To answer your topic first, no, but I would like to have it tomorrow. I loved the Wii version and I don't mind buying other versions. This version is different too so it makes it even slightly more appropriate to spend money on it (I guess you can say). By the way, the old N64 version by today's standards is not a great game, and you'd be much (MUCH!) better off just playing Perfect Dark if you had to choose.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By falserelic

I had downloaded perfect dark on my 360. But I didn't get a chance to play it much. My 360 broke down on me.

zonikjj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By zonikjj

I want to rent this

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By BisonHero

I own the Wii version, so no.

For anyone considering buying it: rent it first. Sure, if you somehow rent it and want to buy it later, then renting first costs you more, but I think the odds are much better that you'll get your fill of the game during a weekend rent and save yourself like $45.

Here's my opinion of the game, ignoring any comparisons to the original GoldenEye game because there basically are none, other than "they're both based loosely on the same movie". The game is functional, but it adheres to the CoD formula pretty damn closely, only the multiplayer doesn't have killstreaks, UAVs, etc., and generally isn't quite as polished as Modern Warfare 1, let alone more recent CoD games. The singleplayer has some interesting locations and appears dramatically more detailed for Reloaded (the night club looks especially improved), but there aren't a whole lot of levels, and the objectives are sadly more simplistic than just about any other previous James Bond game. Basically every mission's secondary objectives are to find some computer terminal, or blueprints on a desk or whatever, then hit the "scan with spy smartphone" button, and that's it.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By MikkaQ

No chance, I'm playing uncharted or I'm not buying anything. More likely I'm not buying anything, been kinda straining my time between school and BF as it were.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.