Gone Home On Sale For $4.99

• 59 results
#51 Posted by Soapy86 (2621 posts) -

Still seems kind of pricey for what it is.

#52 Posted by laserguy (444 posts) -

That is why you dont pay full price for a game.

#53 Edited by e30bmw (356 posts) -

@mb: It took me about 2 hours when I beat it Tuesday.

#54 Posted by Angouri (231 posts) -

Still too expensive. How do I get the time back for playing it?

#55 Posted by e30bmw (356 posts) -

@angouri said:

Still too expensive. How do I get the time back for playing it?

I would advise spending more time on internet forums...

#56 Posted by Trilogy (2655 posts) -

@billymagnum: Oh for sure. I should of used different language than "blast through". Didn't mean that I was going to play it fast. More so that I would marathon it. I usually take my time with games. I'm very meticulous by nature.

#57 Edited by e30bmw (356 posts) -

@trilogy said:

@billymagnum:

Oh for sure. I should of used different language than "blast through". Didn't mean that I was going to play it fast. More so that I would marathon it. I usually take my time with games. I'm very meticulous by nature.

I played through it in one sitting and didn't regret it.

#58 Edited by Chaser324 (6546 posts) -

@mb: Yeah, it's around two hours. It's definitely not a game that everyone will enjoy, but I personally found it to be fantastic. That's why it's on my GotY list.

#59 Edited by MB (12418 posts) -

@chaser324: Just finished Gone Home. Now to edit my list.

I definitely think I enjoyed it more at $5 than I would have at $20, though.

Moderator Online
#60 Posted by hollitz (1521 posts) -

4.99 is a good price for Gone Home. I would have felt a bit ripped off at 10 or 20 bucks. It's a novel method to tell a story, but there are a few things that sullied the experience for me (cliche parental characters for this type of story, logical inconsistencies when it comes to navigating the house--particularly getting access to the last room).

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.