Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Gone Home

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Aug 15, 2013

Set in a large multi-story house during a 1995 thunderstorm, Gone Home is a first-person exploration game where a young woman finds out what happened to her family since she was away on a long overseas trip.

Inventory and other item questions (SPOILERS)

cscottnet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

The inventory screen has space for 9 items. Has anyone found all nine?

In particular, I have: 1. Passport, 2. Boarding pass, 3. Spare key from Christmas Duck, 4. Completed combination for Sam's room, 5. Basement key, 6. Attic key, 7. ???, 8. ???, 9. ???

From reading the localization text files, I believe two of the missing three items are "little allen wrench" and "vent tool". For one of these, there is the message "this can open the heating vent covers on the first floor", and I'm obviously very curious about what might be found in there.

Other unresolved questions I have, based on the text file messages:

1. There's a message "Frob Me Delicately" -- what does that apply to?

2. Another message is, "There's nothing I don't hate right now." What's that about?

3. One message is "twist sconce" -- which sconce is twistable? (There are a lot of them!)

4. There's a note from Lonnie which includes the text, "The Army is this thing I grew up with". Where's that from?

5. Another note excuses S&L's use of the darkroom by talking about a "SUPER INTENSIVE" final project. I don't think I found that note either.

6. Finally, there's a 17th birthday card from Uncle Harvey mentioned in a few places (and there's a picture on these forums). Where is that found exactly?

Can anyone help me with these? I've been enjoying going back, now that's I've finished the game, and tying up some loose ends that I missed the first time through. Thanks!

XCEagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By XCEagle

2. Is a condom you find in your dad's drawer in the master bedroom

6. Is behind the counter in the foyer right next to the front door, left side.

Sorry that's all I remember off hand, I know I read 4 but not sure where.

cscottnet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Found 2, in dad's lower right clothes drawer. Thanks. Found 6, too, right where you said.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

o_o Wait you can put the condom in your inventory?

cscottnet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BeachThunder: no, but there's a special message that's shows after you grab then drop it.

No one has offered any ideas about the other inventory items yet...

Dan_CiTi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@cscottnet: #4 is the note in the washer from Lonnie explaining how her dad was in the army and how his army pals are like family to her. It is right before you walk into the Greenhouse or whatever it is called with all the plants and the typewriter.

RylockPMortis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By RylockPMortis

Did anyone ever find the other inventory items such as the allen wrench?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.