Somehow stuck.

#1 Posted by ImmortalSaiyan (4676 posts) -

I have no idea what I am missing and have been to every area of the game open. Meaning the two locked doors on the bottom floor and the attic I can not go to. I checked every tiny detail on my way through the house. Did I miss something obvious or does this game expect some serious bizarre old school adventure game logic problem solving? In which case, forget this game.

#2 Posted by MB (12078 posts) -

You need to pay attention to detail in Gone Home and look in and around everything. Open drawers, read notes, look under stuff, that sort of thing.

#3 Posted by ImmortalSaiyan (4676 posts) -

I did. With everything. I don't have the patience in me to re scan the entire house.

#4 Posted by BeachThunder (11725 posts) -

idspispopd

#5 Edited by ImmortalSaiyan (4676 posts) -
#6 Edited by BeachThunder (11725 posts) -
#7 Posted by ImmortalSaiyan (4676 posts) -

@immortalsaiyan said:

@beachthunder said:

idspispopd

Pardon?

...erm, if you must, you can start the game with all the doors open...

I hear that ruins it though. I'd rather give up than ruin the game for myself.

#8 Posted by Kidavenger (3514 posts) -
#9 Posted by ImmortalSaiyan (4676 posts) -

@immortalsaiyan:

There is a hidden switch in your bedroom.

Thanks I will check that out. I think my issue stems from me not expecting me to have to keep track of things like hidden switches. I expected as long as I checked every drawer and such I would get all the items and progress thusly. I still think it is weird to have secret switches in the game with no warning, but maybe I am not as observent as I thought.

#10 Posted by hughesie27 (190 posts) -

There is no hidden switch in your room. At least not that I can remember and I just completed the game! To give you a helping hand..the order in which you open the locked doors is the downstairs foyer on the right hand side and then the attic last. There are hidden compartments throughout the house which you should pay close attention to on the map when you discover them!

#11 Posted by xaLieNxGrEyx (2605 posts) -

I feel like you need to find the basement key

#12 Posted by ImmortalSaiyan (4676 posts) -

I just had to press the switch in my closet. I totally missed it as I don't tend to look up. Really dug the game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.