Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Gone Home

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Aug 15, 2013

Set in a large multi-story house during a 1995 thunderstorm, Gone Home is a first-person exploration game where a young woman finds out what happened to her family since she was away on a long overseas trip.

What happens if you "Resume" after the end? (MAJOR SPOILERS)

zajc24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I just played through Gone Home in one sitting and it kept me on edge the entire time with it's ghostly sub-plot. However, unless I missed something, nothing ever actually presents itself on that front. I did notice that when it kicks you back out to the title screen there is a "Resume" option as well as the option to start a new game.

Is there something more to find or discover if you resume?

Oni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

User Lists: 12

Not that I'm aware of. I wasn't super thorough, but I suddenly thought to take the Ouija board to the room where the seance stuff is, but nothing happens. Unless you also have to light the candles or something crazy. I wouldn't be at all surprised if there's some kind of hidden easter egg with that though.

jarowdowsky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

The resume game option starts you at the final point of the game - before the cut scene kicks in. And yeah I brought the board down looking for some clue to a combination

Avatar image for exiledastronaut
    ExiledAstronaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was disappointed in the ghost sub plot, i hope there's some sort of hidden conclusion to it

The_Nubster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

I'm surprised that so many people seem to have latched on to the ghost-hunting sub plot. It was my understanding that the ghost stuff and the horror stuff was just playing on the player's expectation of what an abandoned mansion might contain.

MysteriousFawx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_nubster: @exiledastronaut: I believe the ghost sub plot purely to be down to childish games. The two sisters thinking they are hunting a ghost in their house because the lights flicker (which is explained in a note due to the age of the house and all the rewiring jobs). I still never opened the safe in the basement however, next to the room with the light that didnt work.

XCEagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mysteriousfawx: It's a little more backstory for the uncle, but nothing real conclusive, like most things in this game.

Vertrucio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There are some matches in lying next to a fireplace in one of the early rooms, I think it's the one with the TV showing a weather warning.

Wouldn't be surprised if there were a lot of easter eggs in the game.

geirr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

There are some matches in lying next to a fireplace in one of the early rooms, I think it's the one with the TV showing a weather warning.

Wouldn't be surprised if there were a lot of easter eggs in the game.

If I remember right, those matches are all spent. I'm more intrigued by the missing bell in the basement though, where there's 5 spots for bells but one is missing, and you can flick them all.

Gregalor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spoiler: there's no such thing as ghosts, and Gone Home is set in the real world.

galveyra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gregalor: As Arthur Schopenhauer once said.. “Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world." by using this exact logic we made a scientific conclusion that ghosts don't exist. Not based on some kind of a proof, but based on the common belief "if it can't be explained and proven, it doesn't exist". For this exact reason there are people who like to explore the still unknown fields to a human mind (therefore ghost hunting).

Too much belief in the supernatural makes us ignorant, but too much reliance on science and logic would make us arrogant.

Cirdain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

The ghost sub-plot was a good red-herring though.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.