What would you /actually/ do if you were Katie? (Spoilers)

#1 Edited by BeachThunder (11279 posts) -

I did a lot of weird things while playing Gone Home. I doubt that Katie would do those things in real life - well, I certainly hope she wouldn't just walk into the house and throw random items on the ground...

So, if you really were Katie, what would you do when you arrived home? Personally, I think I'd look around for a bit...until I found the couch, then I'd just fall asleep; I imagine that I would be ultra-tired from traveling around Europe for a year. I think I'd start really worrying after I woke up, at that point I'd probably try ringing someone, maybe Uncle Harvey. I certainly wouldn't just rummage through everyone's personal belongings...

#2 Posted by Oscar__Explosion (2161 posts) -

I'd want to find out what happened to Sam especially after finding that note on the front door.

#3 Posted by Coafi (1433 posts) -

I'd want to find out what happened to Sam especially after finding that note on the front door.

What he said. That, and make myself a sandwich, then flip out because the kitchen is a mess.

#4 Posted by Crid (10 posts) -

I'd bring my bags in, for starters.

#5 Edited by bigjeffrey (4176 posts) -

Clean the Kitchen.

#6 Posted by supamon (1328 posts) -

Have a chat with Oscar.

#7 Posted by Ravenlight (8033 posts) -

Call a cab and go back to Europe. Fucking spooky-ass, middle-of-nowhere house doesn't even get basic cable.

#8 Edited by Crid (10 posts) -

Call a cab and go back to Europe. Fucking spooky-ass, middle-of-nowhere house doesn't even get basic cable.

The phones are down, so she can't.

#9 Edited by Lyisa (265 posts) -

She said not to be worried, I'm not worried.

I'm sure everything will be okay in the morning.

#10 Posted by Mcfart (1430 posts) -

Yeah I'd probably have waited it out until at least the morning rather then search the whole house. Also maybe the house is always that messy :)

#11 Posted by DystopiaX (5241 posts) -

Probably try to call the parents when I find out that no one is there- I didn't look but I'm sure they must have left a number somewhere. That at least takes care of why they're not there. I'd wonder why the fuck the door to the kitchen has been locked. It's been awhile since I've played it and I've done it all in one setting so I'm not sure how she figured out about the staircase thing but I guess I'd find that out eventually.

#12 Posted by Dan_CiTi (2938 posts) -

Get the fuck outta that bitch an come back with at least two people I trust and love deeply who both know kung-fu and ghost kung-fu cause FUCK that house also hug them constantly and then also they need to dance around with me in a little mosh pit when I blast the Riot Grrrl tapes.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.