Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Gone Home

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Aug 15, 2013

Set in a large multi-story house during a 1995 thunderstorm, Gone Home is a first-person exploration game where a young woman finds out what happened to her family since she was away on a long overseas trip.

Windows 8 Compatibility

DM909

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

Hi. I have a windows 8 all in one HP computer. I got it as a gift for Christmas 2012. I want to play the game, but before I spend 20 dollars, I want to know will it play on my PC? I haven't played a computer game in several years. I figured since my computer isn't that old it would be able to run it. How do I find out before buying?

Sor_Eddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By Sor_Eddie

Well, if you don't have your system specs on hand, you can run DXDiag to find out your system hardware.

To be honest though, if your computer is powerful enough to currently run Windows 8, it can probably handle this game.

djou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

This game isn't graphically demanding at all and there are low-medium-high options for the graphics so I'm sure you can dial it down if needed. The game file is only 500mbs so there aren't a million textures and lighting effects to load. Not that this is a bad thing, you play this game for the story not the look. If you are hoping for a Dear Esther-like showcase you may be disappointed. Basic things like a sound effect when you a drop and object on the floor are missing. I played this on a Windows 8 machine (a mid-range gaming PC) and it runs fine on the OS.

A bigger concern would be hardware. The mouse sensitivity on my machine was crazy but I learned to deal with it. You may run into some display problems so I would look around to see if people are having problem with your GPU and display.

Some-human

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

These are the minimum specs for Gone Home: Windows XP SP2 or higher, 1.80GHz Processor, 2GB Memory, Intel HD Graphics 4000, 2GB HDD space
    To run windows 8 you must have at least: 1GHz processor, 1GB memory, 16 GB HDD Space, Microsoft DirectX 9 graphics device compatible

I'm going to say that you should be able to run it. To be sure press your windows key and type "dxdiag" and press enter. This will open a window that will show you the exact specs of your machine.

DM909

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Thanks!

asinyne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Did you ever find out if it has any problems on windows 8?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.