Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Gone Home

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Aug 15, 2013

Set in a large multi-story house during a 1995 thunderstorm, Gone Home is a first-person exploration game where a young woman finds out what happened to her family since she was away on a long overseas trip.

Would you want to play another Gone Home type game?

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 30

If there was another game that had the same general idea as Gone Home (There's always a woman, a house, and a Christmas Duck) would you want to play it? Or would the magic have worn off if something similar was made with different characters, story, setting, etc...?

Wemibelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By Wemibelle

I don't think it could be done in exactly the same way and still work. A change of setting (space station, perhaps?) might work, but I'm not even sure about that. I do want to see more simple, unfolding narratives in the style of Gone Home, though. It felt very natural in a way nothing else really has, even though what you are doing doesn't make full sense at times.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#3  Edited By BeachThunder

Hey, dumping all the fridge's contents onto the floor totally makes sense.

Also, Gone Home in space would be great.

DeadpanCakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Depends on what one would define a "Gone Home type game" to be. If you mean a similar story that is told in the same way, I wouldn't be opposed to it, but I doubt I would find myself as interested as when I played Gone Home. The environmental-centric form of storytelling is something I'd love to see more of, however.

EVO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Definitely. Since early last year there's been an influx of these type of games (Dear Esther, Journey, Proteus and countless other indie games) and I've enjoyed most of them. I don't see that trend stopping any time soon.

Ezekiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I could take em or leave em.

GeekDown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By GeekDown

Not that specific, but I really like exploration games that doesn't have that many (or any) gameplay machanics. Dear Esther, Proteus and Gone Home are all phenomenal and I wish people keep making games in a similar style.

eskimo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

If you're asking me if I want to play another high quality story based game again, then the answer is yes. If you're asking me if I want to play a game that is very similar to gone home, then the answer is no.

stonyman65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I enjoyed Gone Home so I wouldn't mind another game like that, if not just something of a similar style.

newmoneytrash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

I would play it for sure. It'd have to be a much different story, but experiencing that story in a similar way would be pretty dope.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Yes. No questions asked.

BRich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Abso-fuckin-lutely

emfromthesea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I would rather have another Proteus, personally. For me, not knowing the type of game Gone Home was made the experience all the more interesting (and terrifying). I wouldn't want to go into a game knowing it was like Gone Home.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.