niko23's Gone Home (Steam) (PC) review

• niko23 wrote this review on .
  • niko23 has written a total of 4 reviews. The last one was for Remember Me

Nice game with a not so nice price.

I went into this game with just watching the quick look of Brad and Vinny's and the look and feel really got me intrigued. The game was interesting because you're going into this interactive game with literally nothing but a short intro and you are off on your own. The vague beginning really got me hook, it made me wanting to find out and solve the whereabouts of my family. There isn't any problem solving or action game play here and it doesn't need it. This game is all about story and how it presents itself is really thoughtfully put. It's a short play through but it really packs a punch. The only drawback I have with this game is the price, $20 is a steep price to pay for the content it gives you.

Other reviews for Gone Home (Steam) (PC)

An Ending that was Gone 0

***Spoilers ***There is something to be said about Gone Home, it is a well made interactive story rather than an actual game. This to me was not the problem with the game. The mechanics of the game work and I enjoyed walking around the house finding different clues and secret rooms etc. a whole lot. The build up was fantastic but there this falls short is the ending. After I found out what happened(I'll get to that) I was like, huh, well that makes sense. The ending was not revolutionary or even...

The Emperor has no clothes 0

I am baffled. Absolutely, totally baffled by the critical reception that this game has received. I find it unfathomable that anybody over the age of about 15 could find the story in this game to be deep, complex, or endearing. Gone Home is a short experience that is worth nowhere near the $20 price tag that it carries on Steam. I bought it on sale for 66% off and it wasn't even worth it then. It lasts about two hours, which is about an hour and 45 minutes too long. The game's exploration and le...