A question.

#1 Posted by CapsizingHeart (15 posts) -

I played the trial and I really enjoyed it. But most of the complaints I've seen for the game is the sheer amount of content it withholds from you and tries to sell you as DLC. Is it really as bad as they say and can you still have a great experience without buying new content?

#2 Edited by SomeDeliCook (2341 posts) -

I got to level 20 and basically unlocked everything I could ever want to unlock already. I had all the clothes I wanted, I had the weapons and mods I wanted, and all the 'perks' etc etc I wanted.

I never felt cheated out of anything, nor does it really look like theres anything you can't get just through playing aside from a few cosmetic stuff that you don't see that much anyway because its first person.

#3 Posted by DocHaus (1352 posts) -

@CapsizingHeart: The vast majority of paid DLC is all cosmetic. There are no extra weapons or items that give any player an advantage over another that they couldn't get with in-game unlocks.

#4 Posted by fox01313 (5088 posts) -

Yes you can & probably will have fun without paying anything more than the core game. Since most of the stuff you can pay for is things you'll unlock through normal progression & the matches tend to go rather quickly, it gives you quite a lot for what you get in the core game. Now I might be one to go out & get impatient to buy the batwoman background for the game but that's me, they have it set up so the first dozen or so levels you are getting something new just about every level to unlock.

GLHB!

#5 Posted by CapsizingHeart (15 posts) -

That is strange then, if this is really the case, I wonder why so many reviews moaned about the paid DLC.

Thanks guys, probably gonna give this a buy then.

#6 Posted by BleedingStarX (283 posts) -

@CapsizingHeart said:

That is strange then, if this is really the case, I wonder why so many reviews moaned about the paid DLC.

Thanks guys, probably gonna give this a buy then.

People always moan when stuff can be bought for real money, whether it effects the actual game or not

They do the same for Fifa Ultimate Team even though (exactly like GCI) you can buy it with in game credits too

People just need something to complain about

#7 Posted by CapsizingHeart (15 posts) -

After all the positive in this thread, I went ahead and bought it.

It's okay, but it's a shame unlocking stuff is such a slow process and I really only like the Deathmatch option and that got stale kinda quickly because there is only like five maps.

#8 Posted by BisonHero (6777 posts) -

@CapsizingHeart said:

After all the positive in this thread, I went ahead and bought it.

It's okay, but it's a shame unlocking stuff is such a slow process and I really only like the Deathmatch option and that got stale kinda quickly because there is only like five maps.

To be fair, I'm pretty sure numerous reviews mentioned the game only has like 5 maps right now.

#9 Posted by CapsizingHeart (15 posts) -

Yeah but this game came out like two months ago didn't it? I expected there might be more maps by now.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.