Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Gotham City Impostors

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Feb 07, 2012

Freelance vigilantes in superhero garb take on psychopathic criminals wearing clown makeup in this (now free-to-play) Batman-themed multiplayer first-person shooter.

Bad matchmaking or nobody playing this on Steam?

pgn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By pgn

This is the 3rd day it's taking a good 15-25 minutes before i get in to a lobby with >8 people, and its team deathmatch, not one of the objective based game modes.. Tuesday i've spent about 20 minutes in pre-match lobby with some Asian dude and -probably- Seananners.

Is anyone else getting the same ridiculously slow matchmaking on PC?

20ozmonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By 20ozmonkey

I got it the night it came out I couldn't get into a game for the life of me. Later that day and yesterday it was a lot better. I'm hoping it's just a matter of nobody playing it.

That being said it doesn't seem to be very good at balancing teams whenever I do manage to get into a game.

JammyJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By JammyJesus

Can't get into a game. Upset like.

Dimsey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 118

#4  Edited By Dimsey

Been having pretty much the same experience on XBLA. Bit of a bummer.

jakonovski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By jakonovski

Yeah, I'm having trouble getting matches on Steam too, but when I do it's against people of high levels. So someone can play this game for sure. Tempted to go for a refund though, it's beyond acceptable to release a game that straight up can't be played.

Avatar image for willthemagicasian
    WilltheMagicAsian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By WilltheMagicAsian

Both?

david3cm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By david3cm

I played a bunch on Xbox last night and there were times when I would finish a match and then jump to a new lobby to play with a differrent group, and it would take 10 seconds to find a game. But then there were times that I was unable to find a single other player. On the official site they have stated that they are going to release free DLC to address this (and include some other goodies) but that is not being releases until March. It is a shame because I am really enjoying the game.

xpgamer7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By xpgamer7

Bad bad matchmaking. See quicklook, beta experiences, and full game ones. It just doesn't work sometimes.

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By AlexW00d

I am pretty sure it's bad matchmaking.

jvdgoot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10  Edited By jvdgoot

Yeah, this is pretty bad. I've been playing it for about 3 hours and I've gotten just less than 1 match in.

zigx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By zigx

I was playing on PC last night and yes it is really bad matchmaking. I'm pretty much running into all the same problems as everyone else. Then when I do get into games, teams are either unbalanced or the level differences among the players is really wide. 

As one of the posters pointed out above, there are supposedly fixes coming in  DLC in March, but I honestly hope they are doing whatever they can do to get it out sooner. I don't mean the new map and items, but they have to fix the matchmaking bugs soon. When your game lives or dies by your player base, you can't expect everyone to put up with a semi-busted game in the hopes that this DLC will fix everything about it.

granderojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By granderojo

Not only am I having problems with the matchmaking but my Framerate ingame is capped at 10 FPS and it's not my hardware. I have an i7 and GTX570, there is no reason why it should be doing this. I even turned down all the possible settings, no dice. Broken game is broken. :(

huntad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 13

#13  Edited By huntad

Yeah, the PS3 version had bad matchmaking in the beta. I submitted a detailed report on it, as many other's did I'm sure, but I guess it's still a problem. Another downloadable first-person shooter that probably won't make it. Well, it just has another hurdle to get over before it has a chance.

Jack268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Jack268

KIDS THESE DAYS

PLAYING FIRST PERSON SHOOTERS ON A PLATFORM WITHOUT A MOUSE

IN MY DAYS WHEN WE DIDNT HAVE A MOUSE WE BUILT OUR OWN TO PLAY OUR FPSES

phonicpod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By phonicpod

Yeah, on pc and i haven't been able to join a single game. Totally broken. What a waste.

xupahdupah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#16  Edited By xupahdupah

Just adding to the gripes. It's the matchmaking, and it's horrible on Steam. There have been plenty of times when the lobby has had eight or more people and then just resets itself for no apparent reason. Ditto on the unbalanced teams also.

david3cm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By david3cm

It is a real shame because the game is actually really fun, WHEN you get into a game. The problem with patching the matchmaking and adding the ability to join a game in progress weeks after the release is that everyone will have moved on from this game by then. So people out there who are fed up on this game please come back when it is patched because would love to play with some Giantbombers!

xS0NICxGAMERx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By xS0NICxGAMERx

Hmm I was really looking forward to getting this but now I'm not sure to wait until the matchmaking is fixed.

myke_tuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19  Edited By myke_tuna

@thabigred said:

Not only am I having problems with the matchmaking but my Framerate ingame is capped at 10 FPS and it's not my hardware. I have an i7 and GTX570, there is no reason why it should be doing this. I even turned down all the possible settings, no dice. Broken game is broken. :(

Same here. Though, I don't have a computer as nice as yours. Still, I see glimpses of smoothness sometimes (which leads me to think its not my computer that's terrible), but usually it's a total shit show.

syzygyeolith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#20  Edited By syzygyeolith

I really hope this gets patched soon.. the few games I was able to get into over Xbox were kinda fun.

Christoffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#21  Edited By Christoffer

I haven't experienced that amount of waiting time. I mostly struggle with staying connected once I'm in a match. Today I've just been able to finish one measly game without disconnecting from the server. And it seems a lot of other people have the same issue as there's usually 3-4 drops before I go. And I'm usually paired up with a bunch of sub level 10 (poor bastards probably just bought the game and looking to have some fun). I sucked pretty bad too when I started out, so I'm not bragging here, there's a learning curve to every game. So, yeah, the matchmaker does what it can with a seriously low player count on the PC, I guess.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.