Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Gotham City Impostors

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Feb 07, 2012

Freelance vigilantes in superhero garb take on psychopathic criminals wearing clown makeup in this (now free-to-play) Batman-themed multiplayer first-person shooter.

Is the 360 version majorly glitchy for anyone else?

Thoseposers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 15

#1  Edited By Thoseposers

Hey guys, so i got this game a few days back and it's super fun to play, however, it just seems so incredibly broken. I know the ps3 and pc versions are apparently all fucked up but i can't imagine how much worse they can be than what i'm running into. The matchmaking almost always freezes up right before the match starts up and if i try to leave match making it also decides to stop working and the only thing i can do is quit out to the dashboard. And most recently the game will take forever to even get past the first loading screen.

So yeah, fun game when i can get in a match but everything leading up to that is straight up busted for me. This happen for any of you guys?

BleedingStarX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By BleedingStarX

Easily the biggest waste of money this year, it never finds me a game to join, and in the off chance it does, it pits me with 2 equally low level team mates against a full team of level 40+ players. The match making is broken and so is the gameplay, definitely not what I would consider a fun game

tunaburn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By tunaburn

i was in the beta for a week. it was fun but took a long time to start a game. i didnt buy the full game.

iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By iamjohn

As someone who owns the PS3 version and has been hanging around the GCI support forums for days, let me be the first to say: Yeah dude, the game is fucked up for everyone else.

BPRJCTX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By BPRJCTX

Nah, that happened to me once or twice, but beyond that, no problems at all, sometimes i'tll take a minute or 2 to start a game, but usually no more then 30 seconds.

I'm from Europe, don't know if that could have anything to do with matchmaking being better for me, but, just letting you know.

The game is so much fun, and i'm not even into competitive multiplayer games, like COD or Battlefield.

But i'm still loving the shit out of this game, and it wasn't even on my radar untill i played it the day it came out.

BTW, thye'll be realeasing free DLC, FREE!!!!!!!!!!

How awesome is that?!

And they'll probably also fix all the problems some ppl are having.

Dimsey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 118

#6  Edited By Dimsey

I've got issues with the game, but nothing quite like that.

Just the generally lousy matchmaking.

If I actually get into a game I enjoy it plenty, but that's apparently a pretty big if.

syzygyeolith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By syzygyeolith

Theres not much point in my bothering to load the game up unfortunately, given that the matchmaker can't find me a single game. I was determined to see exactly how long it would take to start a match.. even if it only pitted me in a team with some level 3 guy versing a full team of 40+ers (like the last two games I had going a day ago).

It's been half an hour so far.. at this point it's got nothing to do with the population - the matchmaker is flat out broken, I think I'll just wait for the patch.

Avatar image for oscar__explosion
    Oscar__Explosion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By Oscar__Explosion

out of the 10 hours I've played the game I ran into two instances of matchmaking troubles. Besides that the game has been running fine.

downtime58

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By downtime58

I've played the game for a few hours on XBL and it's only frozen up on me once so far.

Canteu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Canteu

I've played about 100 games in the 8 hours I've played. Matchmaking isn't fine but it does work. Never had it hard lock or had to exit to dashboard.

The only issue I've had so far is when matchmaking fails because the host leaves, and it starts the match again, it will be team deathmatch instead of fumigation. Even then this has only happened twice.

EarlessShrimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 10

#11  Edited By EarlessShrimp

I've gotten about 5 total instances from the almost 75 games where it would glitch out on me. But, the majority of the gaming has been stress free; even at the oddest times of day I can find a game quickly...

JoeyIA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By JoeyIA

I played the beta on PS3 and it seemed fine. The only problem I had was that the markers for objectives were all fucked up. Like, in the tutorial part of the game it has those icons/markers for where targets are, 1 time when I played it had those icons straight up in the air. Matchmaking was slow but it worked.

But yeah, just looking at other forums and talking to people on 360 it seems totally fucked.

BPRJCTX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By BPRJCTX

@JoeyIA: Actually, from the official forums, the 360 verison is the best option out of the 3.

The PC version seems to have a tottally busted matchmaking, and the PS3 version, along with bad and slow matchmaking, has a lot of technical issues like problems with game saves, frame rate, and in game glitches.

But they'll probbaly fix all of this in the free DLC.

JoeyIA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By JoeyIA

@BPRJCTX: I agree that the Xbox one is the best but they're all pretty fucked up. Was there a beta for the Xbox version? I got a PC code with Arkham City and PS3 had an open beta; I never heard anything about an Xbox beta. My PC is 5 years old so I played the PS3 version the most.

BPRJCTX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By BPRJCTX

@JoeyIA: Ha, no, to tell you the truth, i wouldn't know, cos this game wasn't even on my radar untill the day it came out, but after playing it, it just blew my socks off, it's so much fun!

But, i wouldn't say it's fucked at all, maybe some ppl are having more problems than me, but i'd say it's fine, not perfect, it has a few issues, like sometimes it'll take a minute or 2 to get into a game, but most of the time i get into a full lobby in less then 30 seconds.

The game just came out, what game comes out perfect nowadays?

If after the first "FREE" DLC (how awesome is that?!), there are still problems, sure, rage away.

I can understand some ppl on other platforms, and and even on the 360, some ppl might have more issues than me.

But, i'm just having a great time with this game, what a surprise hit!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.