No free trial?

#1 Posted by FiestaUnicorn (1576 posts) -

I wanted to try out Gotham City Impostors but there was no option for the free trial all other XBLA games have. Has anyone been able to download a free trial or is it just me?

#2 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
@FiestaUnicorn said:

I wanted to try out Gotham City Impostors but there was no option for the free trial all other XBLA games have. Has anyone been able to download a free trial or is it just me?

There was a beta. Never heard anything about a trail. 
#4 Posted by Vao (318 posts) -

Just for reference, the trial gives an hour of playtime.

#5 Posted by FiestaUnicorn (1576 posts) -

@Captain_Felafel: Got it que'd up and ready to go. Thanks.

#6 Posted by BPRJCTX (705 posts) -

I don't know, but i got it the day it came out, and it was fine. Just pressed trial first, played it, and then bought it, no problem. Just like every other XBLA game.

#7 Edited by HighPriest (88 posts) -

If there is a PC demo, I'm having trouble finding it in the Games For Windows Live.

So just a trial of the console versions, then?

#8 Posted by Canteu (2814 posts) -

Every XBLA game is mandated to have a demo version. This one is no exception.

#9 Edited by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
#10 Posted by MB (11297 posts) -

@The_Laughing_Man said:

@Canteu said:

Every XBLA game is mandated to have a demo version. This one is no exception.

It has a demo.

That's what he said...

Moderator Online
#11 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
@MB said:

@The_Laughing_Man said:

@Canteu said:

Every XBLA game is mandated to have a demo version. This one is no exception.

It has a demo.

That's what he said...

Ment the hyper link in the demo link for people. Fixing now. 
#12 Posted by Kraylor (63 posts) -

Yeah, on xbox.com you can get the trial, but there is no such option when you go to the game's page from your xbox...

Thanks for those links, though.

#13 Posted by BPRJCTX (705 posts) -

@Kraylor: Got it the day it came out, pressed download trial like any other game, no problem.

Must be a glitch, where are you from?

#14 Posted by Kraylor (63 posts) -

I live in New York City.

I just found out that if you go to extras>all downloads, the trial is listed there. I have it now, but that's pretty disingenuous.

#15 Posted by BPRJCTX (705 posts) -

@Kraylor: That's strange, cos to me, it showed it right on that main menu, in between purchase and rate.

But you got it, so that's that.

#16 Posted by Korosuzo (169 posts) -

@Kraylor said:

I live in New York City.

I just found out that if you go to extras>all downloads, the trial is listed there. I have it now, but that's pretty disingenuous.

Same thing happened to me on my xbox. Live in Ohio and only had the option to buy or rate the game which was weird b/c earlier on I had all 3 options from the xbox dashboard (including trial). I ended up buying and am happy with it but was pretty upset about this as well.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.