Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Gotham City Impostors

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Feb 07, 2012

Freelance vigilantes in superhero garb take on psychopathic criminals wearing clown makeup in this (now free-to-play) Batman-themed multiplayer first-person shooter.

PS3 Version

madlaughter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By madlaughter

They mentioned on TNT that it has issues. What are they, and how is the matchmaking for it? Is anyone playing it?

MelficeVKM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By MelficeVKM

From watching the Quick look of the Xbox 360 version, it seems to run a lot smoother than my PS3 version - it's a bit choppy, with more slowdown than I'd like to admit at times. Matchmaking can take a fair amount of time too, but I've heard this is a problem on all versions in some way

Still having some fun with it though, it's a pretty wacky game.

Avatar image for deactivated-62001d97f34e0
    deactivated-62001d97f34e0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I haven't had any problems with the PS3 version of the game, so far.

Ninja_Welshman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Ninja_Welshman

No problems for me apart from match making but I assumed that was because there wasn't many people playing.

Nadafinga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 10

#5  Edited By Nadafinga

The only problems I've had on the PS3 is the occasional perpetual empty lobby, but quitting out and rejoining seems to fix it. They had the same problem in the quick look, so the Xbox has the same problem. Otherwise, smooth sailing on PS3. Really fun game.

Sayishere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By Sayishere

Are enough people playing the PS3 version? thats my worry really,

Moody_yeti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By Moody_yeti

My problem with it was it was only available for the trail version, You couldn't actually buy the game.

I dont know if this has been resolved though.

Nadafinga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 10

#8  Edited By Nadafinga

@Sayishere said:

I've had no problems finding games.

Grissefar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Grissefar

@Sayishere said:

That's the problem with any online game that is not Call of Duty really, and so it sucks extra much that for a title that is online-only, download-only and not-a-big-slammer. It makes me wonder why so many games feature online, when that portion of the game is going to be a ghost town a week after release, although I actually did pop in NGS2 two years after release and was rather surprised to find a handful of servers even if the players weren't the brightest knives in the drawer, if you know what I mean.

Ninja_Welshman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Ninja_Welshman
    @Moody_yeti

My problem with it was it was only available for the trail version, You couldn't actually buy the game.

I dont know if this has been resolved though.

Yeah this was resolved the next day. Just had to unlock it through the game. Haven't checked if you can unlock it on PSN.
    rjpelonia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#11  Edited By rjpelonia

Been playing it since Wednesday. Can't say I have found any problems other than the normal release day hiccups here and there. And yes, there have been plenty of people playing.

fujisyusuke808

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By fujisyusuke808

I had loss of game progress after the game failed to save it's progress properly. There seems to be some issues with how it handles save data.

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By napalm

There was a patch yesterday when I downloaded and played for the first time, and everything worked fine. No issues, here!

liquidmatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#14  Edited By liquidmatt

I've just quit out of the PS3 version after about half an hour because I found the connection issues, performance issues, pretty badly lacking graphics and saving errors to be more than I could cope with wanting to play a decent game of it. I'm pretty sure it's stuff that'll get fixed in patches, but in my eyes for the price it is, it feels extremely poor. The concept is great and when it works it's a lot of fun, but the execution I've found to almost completely kill any enjoyment I could get from it right now. I'll be coming back in a few weeks, if the community survives that long.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
    deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

@liquidmatt said:

I've just quit out of the PS3 version after about half an hour because I found the connection issues, performance issues, pretty badly lacking graphics and saving errors to be more than I could cope with wanting to play a decent game of it. I'm pretty sure it's stuff that'll get fixed in patches, but in my eyes for the price it is, it feels extremely poor. The concept is great and when it works it's a lot of fun, but the execution I've found to almost completely kill any enjoyment I could get from it right now. I'll be coming back in a few weeks, if the community survives that long.

Things like this as a PS3 owner are really discouraging. I always feel like I get the short end of the stick and have to wait for games to be patched just to have a comfortable experience.

liquidmatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#16  Edited By liquidmatt

@Bucketdeth said:

@liquidmatt said:

Things like this as a PS3 owner are really discouraging. I always feel like I get the short end of the stick and have to wait for games to be patched just to have a comfortable experience.

Tell me about it. I've always owned the Sony consoles, more out of game preference (plus Microsoft seems more in it for the money than passion of it, £50 PSN games not withstanding) than anything, but I don't understand why just people plain hate on the PS3 in terms of saying the 360 is better because the ports are better. I hope this doesn't start a console debate, it isn't meant to, it's just always bothered me why people hate Sony so much?

thecashewkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By thecashewkid

A lot of people are just mad at Sony for a bunch of stupid shit that they did and that they said. The ps3 was $600 at launch. That is too much money to charge for a game console now, and it was WAY too much money then before they stretched the field so greatly. They deserve a lot of the hate they get.

But I'm a guy who doesn't play games online enough to want to pay $50 a year to play online sometimes. I had a 360, but I never liked turning it on. It bugged me to pay for live but still see ads all over the place, i hated how gaudy everything was, and I hated having to buy their weird currency to buy games. Once my disc drive gave out, I just put it on a shelf and last hooked it up to play Bastion. I just don't like the damn thing, and I know I'm not the only one that feels this way. It's just shitty because I'd love to be able to play the odd game of Left 4 Dead, and I'd love to have an unbroken version of Skyrim.

I had a lot of fun playing this game on PS3 tonight, and it would be nice if the community for this game could exist for a little while. The whole thing is a catch 22, because I need to get a new xbox and pay for xbox live to ensure I'll have people to play with sometime in the future when I occasionally want to play, but I refuse to pay for a service I'll only ever want to use occasionally. Being poor is a real bummer.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.