Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Gotham City Impostors

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Feb 07, 2012

Freelance vigilantes in superhero garb take on psychopathic criminals wearing clown makeup in this (now free-to-play) Batman-themed multiplayer first-person shooter.

This game is completely playable on PC now!

project343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 16

#1  Edited By project343

After several updates, Gotham City Impostors is now completely playable on PC. Aside from the free content update, major changes include: they've overhauled the matchmaking system (got into a game in less than 2 seconds), fixed all the controller-focused UI to work better with a mouse, and there's now a FOV slider.

It's a shame that they didn't release this game playable. But at least they went back and fixed it back up. Community's still pretty active too (at least when I play). Just a heads up, folks!

(Note: game is still GFWL, unfortunately XD)

*Edit:

The game is a weekend deal on Steam as of right now. Go grab it here. It's 50% off at $7.49 USD. :)

ToxicFruit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By ToxicFruit

Are there still people playing this on the PC ?

I tried playing this when it first came out and got into 1 match after 2 hours of waiting around in the lobby room

but if that is fixed i might give it another go

Gizmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Gizmo

About 2 months too late, their effort has been wasted.

project343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By project343

@Tfruit: Well, 1 match after 2 hours was their matchmaking system, mostly. But they've completely changed it. Really fast now, among the best matchmaking systems I've used. Usually takes less than 20 seconds to get into a game. I'm playing right now--last match took 15 seconds.

@Gizmo: While this ADD-gamer commitment may be the case for smaller console games, most quality PC multiplayer games keep their solid niche audiences. The game is still tons of fun to play, and shouldn't be dismissed because of a poor launch.

Lukeweizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Lukeweizer

It's $7.50 on Steam, should I bother?

MikeGosot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By MikeGosot
    @Lukeweizer said:

It's $7.50 on Steam, should I bother?

Yes. Oh lord yes.
    Barrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Barrock

Snapped it up for $7.50. None of the DLC is worth it right?

nonused

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By nonused

@Barrock: No. All aesthetics and boosts.

Deusx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Deusx

I'll wait for it to go F2P... Yes I'm a cheap bastard.

project343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By project343

@Barrock: It's very cash-shop-ey. Couple progress temp boosters, and couple cosmetic things can that can be unlocked by playing the game. It seems like Monolith are following the Team Fortress 2 model: silly cash shop that funds free content updates. At least, I hope that's the case.

@Deusx: It's $7 on Steam right now. This, along with the current 'premium' Age of Empires Online civs (at $5) are steals that people are missing out on. I don't understand how you can't impulsively throw such small handfuls of cash. If you like TF2, you will like this game, methinks.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By BisonHero

@Tfruit said:

Are there still people playing this on the PC ?

I tried playing this when it first came out and got into 1 match after 2 hours of waiting around in the lobby room

but if that is fixed i might give it another go

According to Steam stats, the peak amount of players was 517 today. That's good enough for matchmaking to work, and for you to not see the same people over and over again. Though yeah, those aren't Counter-Strike numbers or anything.

cav86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By cav86

Just picked this up, it was great fun for a few hours. I will probably play some more of it over the weekend. No trouble getting into matches, seems like the launch issues have been dealt with for the most part.

project343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By project343

@BisonHero: I think with these updates, this sale, and Totalbiscuit pimping the hell out of the game, it'll probably see a resurgence in players. And since there is no longer anything stopping players from enjoying the game (aside from the game itself), I'm sure a lot of that community will stick around.

There was a concern for a little while that the game would die. With proper updates and frequent Steam sales, I'm sure Monolith can keep it alive. At least, I hope they can--I think the game is brilliant fun.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.