Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Gran Turismo 5 Prologue

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Apr 15, 2008

Get your first taste of a legitimately online Gran Turismo game in this relatively bite-sized Gran Turismo release for the PlayStation 3.

What will be released first ? Forza 3 or the real GT5 ?

CharleyTony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By CharleyTony

both dont have a solid release date...

GT5 Prologue looks less and less like a demo, more like something to do while waiting for GT5 instead of buying a 360...

Forza 3 was mentionned in a survey a couple of months ago, mentionning that it may ship on 2 DVDs.

so, which one do you think will ship to a store near you first ???

Fusi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Fusi

Forza Motorsports 3 probably, I reckon they'll both ship at a similar time period.

calf_exercises

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By calf_exercises

I have no idea. I guess It all depends on how much new content they will cram into Forza. You have to keep in mind that they have the enjone and gameplay all sorted out, they only changes will be content eg. tracks, cars

pictoben

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By pictoben

Yeah, I'd probably have to guess Forza 3, GT5, PS4, THEN GT4 Mobile on the psp.

Bennyishere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By Bennyishere

They don't seem like they're pushing the release for GT5 very much. They said that they wouldn't be surprised if it turned out to be a 2010 release, while they update the Prologue instead. I'm betting on Forza 3.

godzilla_sushi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 19

#6  Edited By godzilla_sushi

I really expected Forza 3 at E3. I was very dissapointed. But as with Forza 2, I still think maybe next spring....a little optimistic but hey, the last one was very successful coming out of those early months last year. 2 years for it. Why not? All that's left is, well, the announcement that it officially exists.

Forza has always been notorious for delays though. GT5 as well.....geeze.

TheKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#7  Edited By TheKing

At this rate Forza 4 might be out before GT5.

Avatar image for vash_the_stampede
    Vash_The_Stampede

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By Vash_The_Stampede

This type of games take a really long time to develop...if you were checking on the Turn 5 website before the elease of FM2, they constantly blogged about how each car was carefully tested and digitalize to give an accurate simulation...every car!!! However, I believe that the GT games use more of a generic base and then branch away from it to give each car a unique feel, without actually testing throughoutly...this is why I think that GT5 will come out first

godzilla_sushi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By godzilla_sushi
    Vash_The_Stampede said:
    "This type of games take a really long time to develop...if you were checking on the Turn 5 website before the elease of FM2, they constantly blogged about how each car was carefully tested and digitalize to give an accurate simulation...every car!!! However, I believe that the GT games use more of a generic base and then branch away from it to give each car a unique feel, without actually testing throughoutly...this is why I think that GT5 will come out first"

Ummmm, I'd give you credit except the developer is actually Turn 10 Studios.....

Not to be rude or anything....but none of that makes any sense. What is a generic base? The driving model?
    Vash_The_Stampede

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oops I got the number wrong..anyway...the generic model is sort of the basic physics that tells each car how to behave...some cars can be grouped within the same class becasue notable similarities in their drving..then..what a programmer can do to save time is create a basic physics model for the class...then work over it for each particular car to make it unique...it is different to build the car's driving model from scratch

godzilla_sushi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By godzilla_sushi
    Vash_The_Stampede

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah...over variables such as mass, steering response, suspension stiffness, etc must be computed for each vehicle and then placed onto the drving model....anyways...that is a LOT of work to do, and is the reason why simulators take a lot of time to be developed...but I dont work at any of the companies who are developing those games, so I can´t predict which will come out first :S

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.