Countdown to GT5.

Posted by Devil240Z (3330 posts) -

I cant wait for GT5, but thanks to the laws of space and time I have to wait. In the wake of E3 I find myself thinking about GT5 more than usual. Probably cause it now has an official release date. I have been playing many racing games in attempt to kill time until GT5 drops. I S-Ranked Forza 3 not too long ago. I bought a whole load of other racing games. None of them really grabbed me like I hoped.  

  • Trackmania United
Trackmania is really fun, But I am a little late to the party. I mostly am now excited for TrackMania 2 which probably wont be out until after GT5.
  • Test Drive Unlimited
Again a bit old, kinda directionless and old. But again I see a fun game in TDU2. 
  • GRID
  • Dirt 2
  • FUEL
And I will just lump the codemasters games together. I am a huge Colin McRae Rally fan. Loved those games. I really wish codemasters would make another. But instead we get stuck with games like GRID and Dirt 2 which try to give so many different experiences but don't really flesh any of them out beyond a rough outline.  And FUEL is just ok. its kind of like Burnout Paradise but with more trees and less fun. 
 
Still looking for a good racing experience. Maybe I should start a new game in Gran Turismo 3 or 4 but I have beaten those games so many times that I would probably guilt myself into not playing anymore after a few hours.  
 
Oh and 4 months and one week until GT5 drops. 
#1 Edited by Devil240Z (3330 posts) -

I cant wait for GT5, but thanks to the laws of space and time I have to wait. In the wake of E3 I find myself thinking about GT5 more than usual. Probably cause it now has an official release date. I have been playing many racing games in attempt to kill time until GT5 drops. I S-Ranked Forza 3 not too long ago. I bought a whole load of other racing games. None of them really grabbed me like I hoped.  

  • Trackmania United
Trackmania is really fun, But I am a little late to the party. I mostly am now excited for TrackMania 2 which probably wont be out until after GT5.
  • Test Drive Unlimited
Again a bit old, kinda directionless and old. But again I see a fun game in TDU2. 
  • GRID
  • Dirt 2
  • FUEL
And I will just lump the codemasters games together. I am a huge Colin McRae Rally fan. Loved those games. I really wish codemasters would make another. But instead we get stuck with games like GRID and Dirt 2 which try to give so many different experiences but don't really flesh any of them out beyond a rough outline.  And FUEL is just ok. its kind of like Burnout Paradise but with more trees and less fun. 
 
Still looking for a good racing experience. Maybe I should start a new game in Gran Turismo 3 or 4 but I have beaten those games so many times that I would probably guilt myself into not playing anymore after a few hours.  
 
Oh and 4 months and one week until GT5 drops. 
#2 Posted by ZanzibarBreeze (3070 posts) -

Four months... I feel a little sorry for you; that's a long time to wait. I'll probably get excited one week out and then I won't even bother to pick it up until two months later. But I am happy about the recent announcements - something about a track editor? Could be cool when it's in a real simulation game.

#3 Posted by rjayb89 (7720 posts) -

2 days.

#4 Posted by Devil240Z (3330 posts) -
@ZanzibarBreeze said:
" Four months... I feel a little sorry for you; that's a long time to wait. I'll probably get excited one week out and then I won't even bother to pick it up until two months later. But I am happy about the recent announcements - something about a track editor? Could be cool when it's in a real simulation game. "
I have been waiting for GT5 for a long long time. 
#5 Posted by Jadeskye (4367 posts) -

Mod nation racers seems like a good idea. don't wanna burn out on the hardcore stuff before GT5.

#6 Edited by Devil240Z (3330 posts) -
@jadeskye said:

" Mod nation racers seems like a good idea. don't wanna burn out on the hardcore stuff before GT5. "

honestly I think getting the S-rank in Forza 3 was a huge mistake.  
  
[edit]
THREE MONTHS 25 DAYS UNTIL GT5!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
#7 Posted by Devil240Z (3330 posts) -

Two Months 29 Days Until GT5!!!!!! 
 
 
God I am alone in this forum.

#8 Edited by SileoNex (66 posts) -

Preordered the collectors edition today.  The $100 dollar one, not that awesome $250 one.

#9 Posted by hedfone (1751 posts) -

54321

#10 Posted by Devil240Z (3330 posts) -

2m19d 
 
Its coming! and when it does, so will I.

#11 Posted by Devil240Z (3330 posts) -

One month one week.  
 
Damn it. 

#12 Posted by Sander (411 posts) -

35 days. This Holiday season will be chock full of gaming goodness. GT5 is near the top of my list(behind Black Ops but ahead of Assassin's Creed, Fallout Vegas, MOH, Force Unleashed 2 )  and I'm just worried I won't have enough time for them all. I wish my racing could've been satisfied with Forza 3 but I refused to buy it because it won't let you map your own buttons and the presets were shite.
 
Hey if you're looking for a racing fix, there's F1 2010[out now], Ferrari Race Experience[tomorrow] and also WRC: FIA World Rally Championship that appears to be coming Oct 8.

#13 Posted by Devil240Z (3330 posts) -
@Sander: Been playing F1, I like it though its a bit dry for someone who doesn't care about F1. That Ferrari game might be ok, those guy have made shit in the past but they are devloping the WRC game which looks amazing. also SBK X looks ok eventhough SBK 09 sucked. 
#14 Posted by Devil240Z (3330 posts) -

8+? Days until launch...  
 
 
bah!

#15 Posted by Jadeskye (4367 posts) -

i can't wait for you to be disappointed by this game.

#16 Posted by Castiel (2580 posts) -

The neverending countdown.

#17 Posted by Devil240Z (3330 posts) -
@jadeskye said:
" i can't wait for you to be disappointed by this game. "
Out of a poll of one trillion parallel dimensions GT5 was a disappointment one time, The reason being listed as "Did not feature enough wooly mammoths". 
 
That dimension was the "Still in the Ice age dimension".
#18 Posted by KaosAngel (13765 posts) -

Gran Turismo 5 would've been out in 24 hours.   
 
Fucking hell man.  *sigh*

#19 Posted by Devil240Z (3330 posts) -
@KaosAngel said:
" Gran Turismo 5 would've been out in 24 hours.    Fucking hell man.  *sigh* "
I was just thinking that.
#20 Posted by MethodMan008 (809 posts) -

Well at least 007: Blood Stone is coming out on Tuesday...   That's kind of a racing game. :D

#21 Posted by Devil240Z (3330 posts) -
@MethodMan008 said:
" Well at least 007: Blood Stone is coming out on Tuesday...   That's kind of a racing game. :D "
Yeah... That and Blood Drive.
#22 Posted by zudthespud (3281 posts) -

The only reason I wanted GT5 to come out was to see Johnny V get pwned. 
 
It's a shame Microsoft had to go and put out Forza 3, you would prolly have been playing GT5 this time last year if they hadn't.

#23 Posted by Devil240Z (3330 posts) -
@zudthespud said:
" The only reason I wanted GT5 to come out was to see Johnny V get pwned.  It's a shame Microsoft had to go and put out Forza 3, you would prolly have been playing GT5 this time last year if they hadn't. "
Don't think Forza had any effect. Kaz has been delaying GT games since before Forza existed.  
 
Kas was  Peter Molyneux before  Peter Molyneux was   Peter Molyneux.Promising the world upfront and the real life sets in.
#24 Posted by Bouke (1402 posts) -

@Devil240Z said:
Kas was  Peter Molyneux before  Peter Molyneux was   Peter Molyneux.

So you are saying we shouldn't get our hopes up; we are going to be dissapointed!?
#25 Posted by Red12b (9084 posts) -
@Bouke said:
"

@Devil240Z said:
Kas was  Peter Molyneux before  Peter Molyneux was   Peter Molyneux.

So you are saying we shouldn't get our hopes up; we are going to be dissapointed!? "
you said it not me...
#26 Posted by Bouke (1402 posts) -
@Red12b:
Don't get me wrong, i'm really looking forward to GT5; but you have to agree with a development cycle soo long, it must be a pretty epic game not to disappoint. Fingers crossed for GT5 being epic!
#27 Posted by zudthespud (3281 posts) -
@Devil240Z said:
" @zudthespud said:
" The only reason I wanted GT5 to come out was to see Johnny V get pwned.  It's a shame Microsoft had to go and put out Forza 3, you would prolly have been playing GT5 this time last year if they hadn't. "
Don't think Forza had any effect. Kaz has been delaying GT games since before Forza existed.   Kas was  Peter Molyneux before  Peter Molyneux was   Peter Molyneux.Promising the world upfront and the real life sets in. "
no it definitely did. the whole point of GT5 is that it is a step above the competition. If Forza 3 had taken another 2 years to come out, then the competition would be Forza 2 and the bar would be much lower. 
 
P.S. Peter Molyneux doesn't delay games like Kas, he just talks up games that aren't actually that good.
#28 Posted by KaosAngel (13765 posts) -

Mother fucker man. 
 
It's 11.02.10 
 
Fucking hell, the game would be out today.

#29 Posted by Devil240Z (3330 posts) -
@zudthespud said:
" @Devil240Z said:
" @zudthespud said:
" The only reason I wanted GT5 to come out was to see Johnny V get pwned.  It's a shame Microsoft had to go and put out Forza 3, you would prolly have been playing GT5 this time last year if they hadn't. "
Don't think Forza had any effect. Kaz has been delaying GT games since before Forza existed.   Kas was  Peter Molyneux before  Peter Molyneux was   Peter Molyneux.Promising the world upfront and the real life sets in. "
no it definitely did. the whole point of GT5 is that it is a step above the competition. If Forza 3 had taken another 2 years to come out, then the competition would be Forza 2 and the bar would be much lower.  P.S. Peter Molyneux doesn't delay games like Kas, he just talks up games that aren't actually that good. "
You missed my point. So many times has Kaz made crazy promises about love. GT4 was supposed to have motorcycles in it.
#30 Posted by TheHBK (5474 posts) -

We are on day 2,034 guys.  Almost there!  You'd think with how perfect that bitch Yamauchi wants this game to be, he would have remembered you need blu ray discs to print the game on.

#31 Posted by Devil240Z (3330 posts) -

FIRE IT BACK UP PEOPLE! 
 
12 days!  

#32 Posted by miguelkosta76 (32 posts) -

Just 10 days for the release of the game.... 
 

http://deepwatergames.blogspot.com/2010/11/gran-turismo-5-best-racing-game-ever.html
#33 Posted by Devil240Z (3330 posts) -

4 days!!!

#34 Posted by Devil240Z (3330 posts) -

Well about 20 hours to go for me. Damn gamestop not doing a midnight release. 

#35 Posted by eroticfishcake (7783 posts) -

Gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme.

#36 Posted by Binman88 (3686 posts) -

Should be coming through my letter box tomorrow morning. Hope it's not late :(

#37 Posted by ValeYard (149 posts) -

Mine's shipped, feeling buyer's regret already after just watching a preview vid on Gamespot. But hey, I likes me games that look awesome on my consoles.

#38 Posted by KaosAngel (13765 posts) -

#39 Posted by DanceDanceKennypants (632 posts) -

STOKED!
 
I'm not buying it until Saturday, though. I need to sleep between shifts.
 
I won't really care if it's a little sterile, I'm a sucker for great graphics.

#40 Posted by George_Hukas (1317 posts) -
@ValeYard said:
" Mine's shipped, feeling buyer's regret already after just watching a preview vid on Gamespot. But hey, I likes me games that look awesome on my consoles. "
That video had the opposite effect on me, I am officially re-hyped! They couldn't even fit all the features in that video. For me the content alone is worth the price of admission.
#41 Posted by KaosAngel (13765 posts) -

Speaking of Quick Looks...where's the GB one? 
 
We got like 4 Quick Looks today but no GT5....

#42 Posted by yakov456 (1906 posts) -
@KaosAngel: Do you really want a quick look on here? Imagine the firestorm it will create as fanboys on both sides attack/defend what they are watching.
#43 Posted by ValeYard (149 posts) -
@cide: Thanks for your perspective, I'm feeling better about my purchase again :) I'm probably just too tired today to get hyped. 
#44 Posted by Devil240Z (3330 posts) -

well I have the game in my ps3 now just installing update and then the install...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.