Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Gran Turismo 5

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Nov 24, 2010

Gran Turismo 5 is the fifth edition in the long running racing game series by Polyphony Digital. The game sports over 1000 vehicles, damage modeling on race cars, a dedicated television channel, lots of races, 16 player online multiplayer, and active weather.

Dirt/Snow rally challenge: Mixed difficulty

darklight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By darklight

Hey everyone, 

I  bought a Lancer Evo X (because I really like the car) for the intermediate rally challenge and tuned it up. I tried to do dirt racing  challenge one time before going to bed yesterday and was 1 sec~  behind the leader so I gave up for now. I decided to try the snow rally race just once to see if 'the same thing would happen and to my surprise I was doing really well in all the race. Finished with 1 minutes 35~ over the second one in total time even tho it was my first time trying the run and I can't say I was really good when taking  some corner (Kinda hard to see when it ends / start with reflection of the sun on the white surface).

Sooo.... is the AI just really suck on snow or is it something to do with the Evo / tuning that make it better on it than dirt?

StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By StaticFalconar

If your car has over 300hp then you are only winning because you have the most powerful car. Just like most of the beginner to intermediate events, you can just basically win by having the most powerful car. 

darklight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By darklight

! agree to some extent.

But the fact that they limit tuning  to 345hp on the car, that in the dirt  racing challenge the result is pretty close (like 1 sec ~ between them and me) and then on the other hand when doing the snow racing challenge I literally mop the floor with them (going from 30 sec to 1 minute of difference between them and me by race) without changing anything on the car between the two challenge make me believe they are way more cautious on ice than dirt. That or I just admitted that I'm really bad in dirt rally challenge.

So I was wondering if anyone saw any difference between the difficulty in both  intermediate  challenge . I guess I'll try some lap on the dirt racing challenge and see if I can do the same result as the snow one.

Avatar image for charlie_victor_bravo
    charlie_victor_bravo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

Had bit of a similar issue:  I won snow and dirt easily by driving like an idiot (time penalties and such)  but had to tune up the car and drive like Ari Vatanen to win in the tarmac. I guess this is due to the characteristics of  a given car.

Avatar image for everybody_poops
    Everybody_Poops

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Everybody_Poops

Its super crazy if you completely turn off traction control. So slippery!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.