...don't steal other drivers for B-Spec Browser Mode. :|

#1 Posted by KaosAngel (13765 posts) -

Yo fools, 

I can't race in the browser mode because all my drivers are being used by other people.  By other people I mean GB users who are currently online in GT5.  We need to have some sort of system so everyone isn't stealing all the drivers.   

Or if you guys want, we can have a table of who is using what driver and for how long.  It's not funny though.  >.> 

#2 Posted by Marcsman (3116 posts) -

Actually it is funny.
#3 Posted by eroticfishcake (7782 posts) -

Wouldn't it be better for people just to train their own drivers instead? Sure, it's going to take a while but at least they'll be available all the time plus it's necessary for trophies and 100% completion. I guess some people are too lazy. 

#4 Posted by DarkShaper (1320 posts) -

I don't know what any of that means. This must be what it is like when people overhear me talking about JRPGs

#5 Posted by StaticFalconar (4849 posts) -
@KaosAngel: Yeah, yeah, sry, that was me. I was trying to get the thing to work. But even if your driver is "Stolen" it still is racing and making money for you. I tried to start up another race right afterwards only to find them being used up as well. As long as they keep making money I guess, I don't have to be the one to keep his PS3 on. 
#6 Posted by animateria (3252 posts) -

Funny. 

Now they should make good B-Spec drivers ask for millions of credit to be used exclusively for 1 'team'. 

Where those virtual dudes use their virtual money is to totally up to them.

#7 Posted by Devil240Z (3271 posts) -

I dont mind if you use my drivers! I still get the money!

#8 Posted by KaosAngel (13765 posts) -
@StaticFalconar: @Devil240Z: Nevermind then, my bad.  I thought you didn't get any loot for doing it.  Keep on using my drivers then!
#9 Posted by Devil240Z (3271 posts) -
@KaosAngel: Well I am assuming you get the money. otherwise whats the point? That HAS to be how it works. Its the only thing that makes sense. 
#11 Posted by KaosAngel (13765 posts) -
@Devil240Z: ...this is GT5 we are talking about.  
#12 Posted by Devil240Z (3271 posts) -
@KaosAngel said:
" @Devil240Z: ...this is GT5 we are talking about.   "
well keep using my guys and I will see if they come home with fatter wallets. 
#13 Posted by onarum (2016 posts) -
@Devil240Z said:
" @KaosAngel: Well I am assuming you get the money. otherwise whats the point? That HAS to be how it works. Its the only thing that makes sense.  "
making sense is not exactly what Polyphony digital excels at...
#14 Posted by PufferFiz (1376 posts) -

I wish someone would use my driver ._.

#15 Posted by KaosAngel (13765 posts) -
@PufferFiz: Did you put him on share?  I was on earlier and only 2 people on my list had shared drivers.
#16 Posted by LutonHatter (326 posts) -

Oh that is how it is supposed to work, I was thinking earlier, I've got no chance I'll get someone else online at the same time as me who wants to race B-Spec drivers.

So someone could be using my two online drivers right now, cool.

#17 Posted by PufferFiz (1376 posts) -
@KaosAngel said:
" @PufferFiz: Did you put him on share?  I was on earlier and only 2 people on my list had shared drivers. "
yeah i have him on share
#18 Posted by JJWeatherman (14557 posts) -

This game makes no sense.

#19 Posted by KaosAngel (13765 posts) -
@PufferFiz: Once I get on GT5, I shall use your driver like crazy.
#20 Posted by PufferFiz (1376 posts) -
@KaosAngel said:
" @PufferFiz: Once I get on GT5, I shall use your driver like crazy. "
:3
#21 Edited by LutonHatter (326 posts) -

Pos. Driver Name Online ID Class Car Name Time Best Lap
1 R.Cervantes LutonHatter 40 Nissan MOTUL AUTECH GT-R (SUPER G... 05:10.0 00:59.4
2 D.Aranda LutonHatter 40 Nissan XANAVI NISMO GT-R (SUPER G... 05:11.1 00:59.9
3 D.Senna Devil240Z 27 Honda ARTA NSX (SUPER GT) '06 05:23.2 01:00.1
4 M.Seki KaosAngel 17 Lexus DENSO DUNLOP SARD SC430 (SU... 05:25.5 01:01.4
5 F.Lang KaosAngel 0 Lexus ENEOS SC430 (SUPER GT) '08 05:29.8 01:03.3
6 T.Hampton KaosAngel 10 Toyota YellowHat YMS Supra (SUPER... 05:33.1 01:03.4
7 T.Martinez KaosAngel 0 Nissan WOODONE ADVAN Clarion GT-R... 05:35.2 01:02.3

Do you feel used Kaosangel? When I next get anywhere near my PS3 I'll share the rest of mine to share the burden. @Devil240Z what xp/cr do you get / does it say we get? I do find it cool that I can look at the log online and find out my drives have been racing, was dissapointed in the log with:

D.Aranda came in 2 place in the race hosted by Devil240Z. 

Until I realised who came first :P

EDIT:
On and clicking on the drivers reveals  D.Aranda now has Cr. 3,740 and R.Cervantes has Cr. 2,860 (Mr Cervants won started in second,  Mr Aranda started in forth and finshed 2nd, which is why I assume Aranda won more for finishing 2nd)
#22 Posted by KaosAngel (13765 posts) -

KEEP USING ME!  IF IT GETS ME MONEY!  I AM A FILTHY WHORE!

#23 Posted by MordeaniisChaos (5730 posts) -

Wut? What is this, fantasy racing leagues?

#24 Posted by KaosAngel (13765 posts) -
@MordeaniisChaos said:
" Wut? What is this, fantasy racing leagues? "
That is the best way to even explain this.
#25 Posted by Devil240Z (3271 posts) -

Wait you cant use more than one of your own drivers? How does that make sense? I can use a bunch of someone elses dudes.  

Time to cheat the system. 

#26 Edited by LutonHatter (326 posts) -
@Devil240Z:  Does your driver get just Cr. like the drivers you use, or XP as well?  
Oh and how did you Cr. return compare to mine, do you get more because of my higher class?
#27 Posted by Devil240Z (3271 posts) -
@LutonHatter said:
" @Devil240Z:  Does your driver get just Cr. like the drivers you use, or XP as well?  Oh and how did you Cr. return compare to mine, do you get more because of my higher class? "
I got like 3k.  
otherwise I have no idea how it all works. 
#28 Posted by FrankCanada97 (4039 posts) -

I'll share my drivers tonight. Just for clarification, everyone involved gets Cr. and xp right?

#29 Posted by Binman88 (3684 posts) -
@FrankCanada97 said:
" I'll share my drivers tonight. Just for clarification, everyone involved gets Cr. and xp right? "
Yes. Or maybe not. 

Does that clear things up?
#30 Posted by Devil240Z (3271 posts) -

Now they just need to release an android app for this! would be perfect. 

#31 Posted by KaosAngel (13765 posts) -
@Devil240Z: The iPhone browser works fine.  Tried it while I was driving home.
#32 Posted by Devil240Z (3271 posts) -
@KaosAngel: you did a race with it?
#33 Posted by KaosAngel (13765 posts) -
@Devil240Z: Yeah, got a race.  Pain in the ass to set up though with the touch screen.  Gotta manually set up all the drivers, easier with a mouse.
#34 Edited by Binman88 (3684 posts) -

Well, I'll probably never use that again. A race between my level 30 guy and one of Kaos' class 0 guys, and my guy didn't even attempt to overtake for the whole thing, coming in almost 7 or 8 seconds slower after 12 laps. 7000 credits for 20 minutes of wasted electricity doesn't seem like a fair deal. Couldn't give a shite about the experience they earn if they're not making anywhere near a decent sum of credits. 

Edit: speaking of experience - I got 4200 for coming second (last) in that race. Just another 75 thousand experience points til level 31 then!

#35 Posted by KaosAngel (13765 posts) -
@Binman88: But with this you can leave the PS3 on and just do it from work and while driving from your mobile.  It does serve it's purpose.
#36 Posted by FrankCanada97 (4039 posts) -
@KaosAngel said:
" @Binman88: But with this you can leave the PS3 on and just do it from work and while driving from your mobile.  It does serve it's purpose. "
Is it worth the electricity cost? By the way, are you in for tomorrow's Race Night?
#37 Posted by StarvingGamer (7995 posts) -

I was excited about this at first but I think I'll just keep running my 9 hour endurance races while I'm at work instead.

#38 Posted by Binman88 (3684 posts) -
@KaosAngel said:
" @Binman88: But with this you can leave the PS3 on and just do it from work and while driving from your mobile.  It does serve it's purpose. "
For 7000 credits every 20 mins, you're talking maybe 200000 a day at best. Could earn that yourself by doing 3 or 4 runs on the "Like the Wind" Indianapolis event in an X1, which would take all of ten minutes! (70 thousand credits per win, 5 laps, 30 seconds per lap)
#39 Posted by Red12b (9075 posts) -
@Marcsman said:
" Actually it is funny. "
#40 Posted by LutonHatter (326 posts) -

Ok the prize lights 1,2 & 3

1 Just means the driver has some cash on him for you to collect.

2 Means the driver has over 50k worth of cash

3 Means the driver has over 200k.

Not noticed a limit yet.

#41 Edited by FrankCanada97 (4039 posts) -

I just collected on my prizes, I got a lot of xp. My B-Spec drivers increased from level 10 to the early 20's. I went up to B-Spec level 25 from level 13.

#42 Posted by Sparky_Buzzsaw (6087 posts) -

Can anyone explain to me how this works, and how I can set up races online or away from the PS3?

Moderator Online
#43 Posted by KaosAngel (13765 posts) -
@Sparky_Buzzsaw: Get your drivers to share, go on the community tab and then go on the Remote race.
#44 Posted by Sparky_Buzzsaw (6087 posts) -
@KaosAngel:
Cool.  Thanks.  Got a handful of shitty ass drivers, but hey, maybe someone will be entertained by their boundless love of ramming into shit.
Moderator Online
#45 Posted by abdo (1037 posts) -

I welcome everyone to use any of my drivers for remote racing. PSN ID is 'slickjones'.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.