Good news! New (old) GT5 Tracks Coming?

#1 Posted by Binman88 (3685 posts) -
GTPlanet have the story here.

Basically, someone went to the image directory on the GT5 website, relating to images for B-Spec remote races. Alongside the images of track logos known to be in the game, they also found a bunch of logos for old tracks! (including El Capitan, Apricot Hill, Midfield Raceway and Seattle Circuit!)

Ok, so it might be optimistic to assume these tracks will all be available in GT5 at some point, but it certainly seems very possible, if not outright likely. We have yet to see any DLC from Polyphony, so if they were to include these tracks, it's unsure whether they would be paid downloads or included in a free update. Personally I've spent money on far worse DLC, and would be more than willing to part some cash for more original tracks. What about you guys? Which tracks would you most want to see back in GT5?
#2 Posted by psylah (2170 posts) -

This would be great. I was SUPER-DISAPPOINTED to see Midfield and Apricot Hill missing, they were among my favorites. I'd figure Seattle would have to come out, with its multiple hills (flipping your car would be too easy, remember the flipping Escudo glitch in GT3?)

El Capitan was easily one of my favorite new tracks introduced in GT4, too. I'd certainly pay for a track pack.

#3 Posted by LutonHatter (330 posts) -
@Binman88:

It would be much more interesting if the images weren't there to begin with but have turned up recently, but that isn't the case. I would love some more tracks, honestly I would, just the last thing I want to do is get my hopes up.

I think it is just as likely these tracks were 'ported' to the GT5 game engine but didn't make it in due to time constraints to clean them up or frame rate issues. But at the same time there has to be a Sony Exec looking at that list who can see the huge pile of DLC cash they could rake in if the give people a chance to buy them.

#4 Posted by Red12b (9084 posts) -

Day fucking one. 

Costa di Amalfi YES!
Midfield Raceway YES!
  New York YES!
  Seattle Circuit YES!
  El Capitan YES!

I would also pay for Bathurst and Pukekohe Circuits as well as the V8 Supercars,  
#5 Posted by Devil240Z (3319 posts) -

I so hope this is gonna happen. It would be super dope if they added all the old tracks back in. 

I have said before. 

Standard cars, Why not standard tracks?

Id rather have them standard than not at all. 

Plus there are tracks in GT5 that look like ass as it is. 
#6 Posted by Red12b (9084 posts) -
@Devil240Z: 
I want this so fucking bad
#7 Posted by Red12b (9084 posts) -

so, this ain't gonna happen....is it?
#8 Posted by Binman88 (3685 posts) -

Apparently they're working on "DLC" of some kind, so who knows.

#9 Posted by Red12b (9084 posts) -
@Binman88 said:
step the fuck on it PD gawd
#10 Posted by Devil240Z (3319 posts) -

@Binman88 said:

That rumor is so poorly conceived though. I hope its true but GTP are really stretching that one.

#11 Posted by Binman88 (3685 posts) -
@Devil240Z: Yeah it reeks of clutching-at-straws, but I have to imagine PD aren't completely stupid and will realise people want and would potentially pay good money for a pack of old tracks.
#12 Posted by Devil240Z (3319 posts) -

@Binman88 said:

@Devil240Z: Yeah it reeks of clutching-at-straws, but I have to imagine PD aren't completely stupid and will realise people want and would potentially pay good money for a pack of old tracks.

I agree. And I don't blame GTP because its not like they have much to report on now that GT5 is out. It was pretty exciting the weeks before GT5 came out when GTP had 10+ articles a day. Now 1 a week is the norm.

#13 Posted by Gunharp (337 posts) -

I'm always down for Seattle Track. Every time I head out to Qwest or Safeco field it reminds me of that track. Heck or see the Smith Tower.

#14 Posted by Red12b (9084 posts) -
@Gunharp said:

I'm always down for Seattle Track. Every time I head out to Qwest or Safeco field it reminds me of that track. Heck or see the Smith Tower.

Seattle was so awesome 
#15 Posted by Devil240Z (3319 posts) -

@Red12b said:

@Gunharp said:

Seattle was so awesome

Tee hee. I live there. Wheres your track?

#16 Edited by Red12b (9084 posts) -
@Devil240Z said:

@Red12b said:

@Gunharp said:

Seattle was so awesome

Tee hee. I live there. Wheres your track?

where's my track? 
Or was it directed at gunharp?
#17 Posted by Devil240Z (3319 posts) -

@Red12b: You... I was more siding with him over you having no representative location within Gran Turismo.

#18 Posted by Red12b (9084 posts) -
@Devil240Z said:

@Red12b: You... I was more siding with him over you having no representative location within Gran Turismo.

t-Trail mountain...?
#19 Posted by Devil240Z (3319 posts) -

@Red12b said:

@Devil240Z said:

t-Trail mountain...?

Oh... Wait! That place isn't real.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.