Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Gran Turismo 5

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Nov 24, 2010

Gran Turismo 5 is the fifth edition in the long running racing game series by Polyphony Digital. The game sports over 1000 vehicles, damage modeling on race cars, a dedicated television channel, lots of races, 16 player online multiplayer, and active weather.

Got a few questions about GT5

ZimboDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By ZimboDK

My Christmas present for myself this year will be a PS3, and I'm pretty sure I'll be getting GT5. I've got a few questions though.

First, does driving in different weather drastically affect the handling of the car? Will a car aquaplane at high speeds and slide out if you're a bit too aggressive on the throttle in corners? Also, what sort of weather is in the game? Snow, rain and anything else?

Also, there are rally stages in the game too, right? How does driving on gravel feel? I've been playing Dirt 2 the last couple of days and driving on gravel just feels... I dunno, disconnected. The car doesn't handle the way it would in real life and it's way too twitchy.

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By KaosAngel
    @ZimboDK:  

• Yes on the weather and handling.  Rain and snow are your two conditions.
    • GT5 has not one but two Rally Schools.
    • GT Rally and Sebastien Loeb, both are hard as fuck and will test any rally car driver.
    • GT5 also has full license of WCR.
    • I used both the G27 and DS3, let me say that Rally Driving with the wheel is unique to say the least. 
    Binman88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Binman88

Rallying is very different to DiRT 2's feel. It's very much focused on power sliding your way around corners - and therefore can be unforgiving in the sense that you need to understand how the car is going to behave, and commit to the correct angle/throttle for any given turn. I couldn't tell you if it's realistic, having never driven a rally car, but it's sure as hell a lot more challenging than DiRT2 was for me, and a lot more exciting. Great feel too if you're using a wheel.

EVO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By EVO

I played rally for the first time game last night, one on of the licence tests. It started with a hill climb then sloped into a right hand turn. I was struggling to even get bronze, hitting the wall or just going to slow, until one attempt, where I absolutely nailed it and beat the gold time by 0.7 seconds.

It was a really good feeling.

ZimboDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ZimboDK

Nice, just read that my old Logitech Momo wheel actually works in GT5 even though it isn't officially supported. I didn't expect a 5 year old wheel to work.

yakov456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By yakov456

Yep, I'm using my old ps2 driving force and it works like a charm. The weather stuff in this game is amazing, especially the snow. Can not stop playing this...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.