Gran Turismo 5 Photo Thread

#1 Edited by Weltal (2274 posts) -

Considering the other thread isn't really titled as such, post your pictures here! 

#2 Posted by MB (12707 posts) -

#3 Posted by Diamond (8634 posts) -

#4 Posted by TheRuralJuror (13 posts) -

#5 Posted by Red12b (9084 posts) -

fuck some of these are awesome...

#6 Posted by Binman88 (3689 posts) -
#7 Posted by MB (12707 posts) -

#8 Posted by Callik (138 posts) -

#9 Posted by Agent_Lost (899 posts) -

#10 Posted by OmegaPirate (5522 posts) -

#11 Posted by Binman88 (3689 posts) -
@Callik: Very nice!
#12 Posted by Soap (3607 posts) -

Some of these pictures are verging on looking real o.O I hadn't realized how great the detail was really on those premium cars, I need to get my ass into photo mode.

#13 Posted by holybins (158 posts) -
@Binman88 said:        

+100 on the Supra.  I remember this being my first car in GT1 back in the day, and holy shit does it look awesome in GT5! :)    
#14 Posted by ProfessorEss (7445 posts) -

Aww man, some of these absolutely unreal.
Good job guys.

@Binman88: I like em all, but that third shot of yours is crazy photo realistic.

#15 Edited by Binman88 (3689 posts) -
@holybins: Yea I think it looks fantastic. I'm a sucker for any mid-late 80s - early nineties sports car designs. I plan on adding the old RX-7 FC ('90), the Nissan Silvia ('90) and Fairlady ('89) to my garage too. Gotta learn to master the Supra first though. It's pretty challenging to control when fully upgraded with ASM switched off. 

@ProfessorEss: I know right! It's crazy what you can achieve in photomode. I think the slightly jaunty angle makes it look a little more 'real' too. That is until you notice the little trees outside the restaurant that seem to be growing out of the cobblestones!
#16 Posted by KaosAngel (13765 posts) -

#17 Posted by Red12b (9084 posts) -
@Callik: that's a Bugatti... 

when did you unlock that? 
#18 Posted by KaosAngel (13765 posts) -
@Red12b: Buy used for 4,000,000 CR, or win it from the last Professional Championship.
#19 Posted by Creamypies (4075 posts) -

Fuck me, this game looks almost real!

#20 Posted by Raineko (433 posts) -

the pic quality on giant bomb is kinda low though

#21 Edited by handlas (2697 posts) -

those don't even look like they are from the game tbh.  Yes, I'm enjoying GT5 but the graphics are a little underwhelming...the environments that is.  These screenys look like real photos almost; good job.  Actually, a few of them you could probably pass off as real and no one would question it.

any level 40 damage pics?

#22 Posted by Binman88 (3689 posts) -
@KaosAngel said:
" @Red12b: Buy used for 4,000,000 CR, or win it from the last Professional Championship. "
Just saw it in the used dealership for 2,000,000.
#23 Posted by h0lgr (909 posts) -
@Raineko: It's infact the jpg quality looking shitty.
Nothing to do with GiantBomb. If you rightclick>show image you can see it in its full resolution glory. :)
#24 Edited by mjk1 (205 posts) -

#25 Posted by yakov456 (1917 posts) -

When you set up the shots in photo mode you think oh this will look nice. Then you click the button and your eyes open wide when you see the clarity of the final product, wow.

#26 Edited by Binman88 (3689 posts) -
@mjk1 said:

Love this one ^. What location is that? (EDIT: Nevermind, just unlocked it!)
#27 Posted by MachidaX89 (72 posts) -

Jeez, some of these look absolutely amazing. 
How can you upload them to here?

#28 Posted by KaosAngel (13765 posts) -
@MachidaX89: From GT5, export it to the XMB and then go to the XMB, transfer to USB.
#29 Edited by Diamond (8634 posts) -

In that last pic, sparks do not translate well to photo mode
#30 Posted by crunchmonkey (258 posts) -

#31 Edited by skunk (240 posts) -
@TheRuralJuror:  god damn that's a sweet ride. I was thinking of picking one up but im guessing it's not the best handling car? How does that beast drive?

also: some amazing shots from everybody in here, moooooaaarrrr!
#32 Posted by Jimbo (9863 posts) -
@Weltal said: 

lol'd.
#33 Posted by benpicko (2010 posts) -

Holy Shit! Does it actually look this good ingame, or just photo mode?

#34 Edited by Diamond (8634 posts) -
@benpicko:  It's a lot easier to see the details on cars in photo mode because of the image quality and the shadows are better in photo mode.  Photo mode can add depth of field and motion blur effects that add to the photorealism (those effects are also in the 30 frames per second replays).  Also there are special stages for taking photos that have more detail, but some of these shots are just from normal tracks.  The high point of GT5 in gameplay is still seeing the high detailed premium models in motion.
#35 Posted by Binman88 (3689 posts) -
@benpicko: The game looks good, but not as good as Photomode. When you take a picture, the game renders a higher res version of what you normally see in real time.
#36 Posted by benpicko (2010 posts) -
@Jimbo
@Weltal said: 

lol'd.
Wow. It's beautiful. Almost Photorealistic.
#37 Posted by OmegaPirate (5522 posts) -

#38 Posted by Agent_Lost (899 posts) -

#39 Edited by handlas (2697 posts) -
@benpicko said:

" @Jimbo

@Weltal said: 

lol'd.
Wow. It's beautiful. Almost Photorealistic. "
that's pretty bad...haha.

I've finally dived into the game more and love it.  Been so long since I've played Gran Turismo...at least they put details into what counts tho maybe they should of spared some details for that ugly bastard.  I bought the closest thing to my real car in game and the details in the interior are amazing; looks basically like my car.   Photo mode is fun...hafta upload my sh*tty photography when I get a chance.
#40 Posted by EVO (3919 posts) -

This game could've just had photo mode and I still would've bought it.

#41 Posted by Jayzz (592 posts) -

incredible! O_O

#42 Posted by DG991 (1344 posts) -

Being a great game is debatable. But it certainly is a GREAT photo simulator. 

#43 Posted by buft (3320 posts) -

i am blown away by these pictures, almost looks real.

#44 Posted by AllenV86 (150 posts) -

well here are some of my attempts :D hope you like them :D first is a ferrari BB512, second is a Swift ( my first car ) and third is a Midget 2 ( forgot the car make )

grtz Allen :-p
#45 Posted by KaosAngel (13765 posts) -

...how are you guys unlocking new photo locations?

#46 Posted by Binman88 (3689 posts) -
@KaosAngel: Do the grand tour special event. That unlocks five (I think) new locations. Pretty sure I unlocked one or two through different means as well.
#47 Posted by AllenV86 (150 posts) -

or take the car you want to shoot, go to practice, choose the course you want,
do a few laps racing and just playing around and then go into replay and take pictures :D

grtz Allen :-p

#48 Edited by Castiel (2661 posts) -

I know the game is about the cars and stuff, but really they spend 5 fuckin'  years and this was the best they could do with the audience!?! 

WHAT DA FUCK IS THAT!
Though I gotta say the light and shadows in this shot is awesome: 

Espicially in the b/w version: 

Just look at the light and shadows on the pillars! Close to photorealism. 
#49 Posted by tenterden (5 posts) -

First post here after lurking forever :o

Few shots I've taken this week playing GT, loving the game so far.

#50 Posted by BasketSnake (1233 posts) -

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.