Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Gran Turismo 5

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Nov 24, 2010

Gran Turismo 5 is the fifth edition in the long running racing game series by Polyphony Digital. The game sports over 1000 vehicles, damage modeling on race cars, a dedicated television channel, lots of races, 16 player online multiplayer, and active weather.

Gran Tursimo 5 1.07 Update - Trading Nerf, eBay Sellers Screwed

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By KaosAngel

New patch is up, fixes the following: 

[Major Changes and New Features]
    Friend Rankings: In Drift Trials and Time Trials, you can now display leaderboards that shows only your friends. While it was difficult before to locate your friends in the general leaderboards, this now makes it easier to compare your lap times and points with them.

[Fixed Issues]
    - Performance points (PP), which is an index of a car’s overall performance, is now calculated regardless of your tire selection. You can now set performance point restrictions and tire restrictions separately when you race in a lounge.
    - Fixed the issue where the performance of electric cars increased/decreased after a certain amount of driving.
    - Downloaded replays from Seasonal Event Rankings can now be viewed properly.

[Other Changes]
    - Cars worth over 1,000,000 Cr. (including gift car coupons) are now prohibited from being traded to prevent issues during the trading process. When lending and borrowing cars between friends, please use the car loan system.

Basically dudes were cheating to get cars and other people were selling cars over eBay to inflate the car values and whatnot.  All of this is fixed now.  Not the biggest update, more of an emergency one to stop people from ruining the online value of cars.  So, get crackin' on those B-Spec 24 hour races to properly make money now.  

Can't make fake PSN accounts with fake birthdays to get rare cars too, just so you can't trade them to yourself.  >.>

Everything else is just minor fixes. 

Also heads up, GT5 is now the top selling racing game this generation if people are curious.  :P
    ch13696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By ch13696

Wait, so the game sold more than Forza Motorsport? I am damn proud of that.

triple07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By triple07

Woah woah woah hold up a minute, people are selling and buying virtual cars for REAL money? Damn it people.

Skald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By Skald

Huh. Good for Polyphony Digital. 

If I weren't hooked on Hot Pursuit right now, (the new DLC is pretty amazing) I'd probably be playing more GT5.

KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By KaosAngel
    @triple07 said:
    " Woah woah woah hold up a minute, people are selling and buying virtual cars for REAL money? Damn it people. "
    Dude, it's Gran Turismo...it's serious business.  The online lobbies are always filled with hardcore racers and hardcore traders.  I was surprised myself by how big GT really is but since this is online, you can get a feel for just how damn big this game is to people. 

It's like the Halo/COD of racing games.
    LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By LiquidPrince
    @triple07 said:
    " Woah woah woah hold up a minute, people are selling and buying virtual cars for REAL money? Damn it people. "
    Not that surprising.
    Skald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

#7  Edited By Skald
    @triple07 said:
    If you think that's crazy, the stuff that happens in EVE Online would make your head spin.
    StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By StaticFalconar
    @KaosAngel said:
    "  It's like the Halo/COD of racing games. "
    We've seen many a tread from the casual crowed that they gave up on gt5 already and moved on to the next video game fad. I don't remember the same thing happening within three months for Halo/COD. 
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By KaosAngel
    @StaticFalconar: Bah, Europe will keep selling gangbusters and once F1 kicks back up...more copies will be sold.  It's selling faster than GT4 thus far.  >.> 

Yo, gift me the X2010.
    ch3burashka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ch3burashka

Just Dance was the best-selling game in Europe last year, I think. Goes to show that quantity =/= quality.

StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By StaticFalconar
    @KaosAngel said:
    " @StaticFalconar: Bah, Europe will keep selling gangbusters and once F1 kicks back up...more copies will be sold.  It's selling faster than GT4 thus far.  >.>  Yo, gift me the X2010. "  
    Pretty sure those patch notes say otherwise to me gifting any car worthwhile ever again. But if you need a caterham for this week's bombing run, I believe that car is under the price limit. 
    Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#12  Edited By Hailinel
    @CH3BURASHKA said:
    " Just Dance was the best-selling game in Europe last year, I think. Goes to show that quantity =/= quality. "
    Except that GT5 is a quality racing game.
    ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By ajamafalous
    @triple07 said:
    Eh, virtual goods for real money has been happening since forever. Shit used to (and I assume still is) a problem in Diablo II, especially as the game aged. Same with nearly any MMO ever.
    WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#14  Edited By WilliamRLBaker
    @Hailinel said:
    "

@CH3BURASHKA said:
    "

Just Dance was the best-selling game in Europe last year, I think. Goes to show that quantity =/= quality.

"
    Except that GT5 is a quality racing game.

"

um just cause you dont like it and its not your type of game doesn't mean its not quality, when will people ever figure this out?
    triple07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By triple07
    @KaosAngel: I'm sure a lot of people take it super seriously, I just can't imagine spending my own money on that kind of thing.  Even if it was my favorite game of all time I think I'd rather just try and get the special thing myself because it would make the pay off so much better.   

@extremeradical:

From what I hear about that game I'm sure I would, the stuff they talk about on the Bombcast sounds crazy.  

@ajamafalous: 
    I also think that's super weird but that is easier for me to understand. Maybe its just the way I like to play games and how I look at money but none of that kind of thing seems worth it. 
    TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#16  Edited By TwoOneFive
    @ch13696 said:
    " Wait, so the game sold more than Forza Motorsport? I am damn proud of that. "
    beuno!
    sameeeeam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By sameeeeam
    @Hailinel said:
    " @CH3BURASHKA said:
    " Just Dance was the best-selling game in Europe last year, I think. Goes to show that quantity =/= quality. "
    Except that GT5 is a quality racing game. "
    groin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#18  Edited By groin
    @ch13696 said:
    That is the corniest comment I have read on this site. Fanboy, much?
    onarum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#19  Edited By onarum
    @KaosAngel said:
    " @triple07 said:
    Dude, it's Gran Turismo...it's serious business.  The online lobbies are always filled with hardcore racers and hardcore traders.  I was surprised myself by how big GT really is but since this is online, you can get a feel for just how damn big this game is to people.  It's like the Halo/COD of racing games. "
    It's still a little stupid, I mean you can play the game and buy them yourself, as I understand it after a certain level events start prizing so much cash that money is not a problem.
    ch13696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By ch13696
    @groin said:
    " @ch13696 said:
    That is the corniest comment I have read on this site. Fanboy, much? "
    Far from it. So far Forza Motorsport was the best selling racing game. Even if Need for Speed Hot Pursuit took that title I would still be proud of it. Even if Forza 4 took the title when it's released I would be happy. So, if anything, your comment would be the corniest. "Fanboy" and "corny" are 2 words that are old and overused.
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By KaosAngel
    @ch13696
    @groin said:
    " @ch13696 said:
    Far from it. So far Forza Motorsport was the best selling racing game. Even if Need for Speed Hot Pursuit took that title I would still be proud of it. Even if Forza 4 took the title when it's released I would be happy. So, if anything, your comment would be the corniest. "Fanboy" and "corny" are 2 words that are old and overused.
    Wrong! GT5P outsold even the best selling Forza game.
    ch13696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By ch13696
    @KaosAngel said:
    " @ch13696
    @groin said:
    " @ch13696 said:
    Wrong! GT5P outsold even the best selling Forza game. "
    So you're saying Microsoft lied to us? Why am I not surprised?
    Binman88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Binman88

I find it hilarious that people actually bought cars off eBay, but fair play to the people that sold them. Opportunism at its finest!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.